• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Need some info

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Need some info

Hello everyone I have a question about my Toshiba at100, I got it for free from and I have been using it for a bit and found that every app crashes the browser crashes and just leaving it alone crashes when do pick it up to use, so I have rooted, unrooted, factory reset clear partion cashe and still nothing really works, it's ok when I use view by books on it but that's about it, I know that from reading here on forum that Toshiba no longer support thrive and it's a old device but I would like some suggestions on how I can improve device do itsore usable because it's pretty much useless any direction is appreciated

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Hi tito, welcome to the forum! What version of Android are you running, factory 4.0.4 or one of the Jelly bean 4.1 ROMs? I used to run Shinka B25 (4.1) successfully. Then after dusting off my Thrive, I found it a bit sluggish, so I figured I'd do a full wipe and reinstall Shinka. The problem was that regular apps like YouTube crashed upon loading.

So I went back to dalepl's version of 4.0.4, which is basically Toshiba's but really cleaned up. It runs stably, though I don't think as smoothly as Shinka.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm using 4.0.4

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Is it the original Toshiba 4.0.4, or dalepl's cleaned up version? If you're still running what Toshiba has, give dalepl's a try.

[ROM] DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Remove Ads

Ads