• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By jimfree
  • 1 Post By jimfree
  • 1 Post By panda
  • 1 Post By panda

Thread: Does someone have Easy_Flash_Tool-v2.8.1 and roms?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Does someone have Easy_Flash_Tool-v2.8.1 and roms?

i can't download any files.. help me

2. Ads

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    You may be out of luck in finding v2.8.1 of the Easy Flash Tool. If you look at the thread for the tool you find several people have searched for it without any luck. If you haven't already take a look at [Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool, especially the last page. No one has come forward to indicate they have v2.8.1. I have made available several ROMS and an older version of the flash tool. If you haven't upgraded to ICS the older tool may work. There was another tool created but it died when dalenet released v2.8.1. If you have the US version it may work for you. That is available on my MediaFire share as well. MediaFire link can be found in the link I provided above.

Good Luck.
    panda likes this.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Thought I would offer another alternative for those wishing to root their Thrive that is currently on ICS. First read this thread, [TOOL] Reflashing Your AT100/105 Device When It Will Not Boot

The reflash tool was originally used to recover a bricked Thrive. It can also be used to rollback from ICS to HoneyComb. Once that is accomplished then you can use the older easy flash tool to root your Thrive. AS most of the links in the forum the links in the above thread are no longer working. I have found the necessary files in my archives and have uploaded them to my MediaFire share. The files you are looking for are

AT100_NVFlash_HTK55D.31.5.0003.zip
    Reflash_Instructions.docx
    usbpcdriver.zip

As the thread warns and I will warn, use of these files are at your own risk. I offer them only as a method to rollback your Thrive so you can root using the version of easy flash tool found on my share.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/esb...b/Thrive_Stuff
    panda likes this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thank you !!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    445 times
    I didn't think I ever downloaded 2.8.1, but I did, June last year. I happened to see it when finally clearing out my main download directory. The files and folders within are timestamped 7/17/2013 and 7/22/2013, so it appears to be the real thing.

So...what's the favored file hosting site?
    jimfree likes this.
    Frequent pilferer of wife's Thrive 10, currently sporting Pio's Kuroikaze Shinka B25.
    Nexus 7 owner and eternal Commodore enthusiast.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    @panda, Not sure what the favored site would be. Assuming everyone with a Thrive has a Google account you could share it from there. I landed on MediaFire some time ago for another group I was sharing files with. Where ever you put it I think I'll grab it and put up on MediaFire too.

Edit: Just remembered you can create a public share on Google Drive or share by link so a Google Account would not be required to download.
    Last edited by jimfree; 02-16-2017 at 08:47 AM.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    173 times
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    So...what's the favored file hosting site?
    Panda, see my mid-January experiences here:
    [TOOL] Reflashing Your AT100/105 Device When It Will Not Boot
    mediafire must be working since 18 people downloaded. From their writeup I gather I should upload something there every once in while to keep it alive.
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    445 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimfree View Post
    Edit: Just remembered you can create a public share on Google Drive or share by link so a Google Account would not be required to download.
    Google Drive works for me! Try this.

DaleNet-Thrive_Universal_Easy_Flash_Tool-v2.8.1.zip
    Last edited by panda; 02-17-2017 at 08:36 PM.
    jimfree likes this.
    Frequent pilferer of wife's Thrive 10, currently sporting Pio's Kuroikaze Shinka B25.
    Nexus 7 owner and eternal Commodore enthusiast.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Worked for me too. Download no problem and now uploaded to MediaFire. I don't need it but it will make the late arrivals who want to root happy!

Remove Ads

Ads