• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

mp4 H264 L3.1 plays, H264 L4.0 doesn't

Hey all,

Just inherited an AT100 running Android 4.0.4. I'm trying to stream a bunch of media (movies, shows, and a ton of flac audio) from my NAS DLNA server. Most things work fine, but the movies that are encoded as H264 L4.0 don't play at all. H264 high L3.1 or H264 L3.1 both work great. Is there a way to play the L4.0 protocol H264 mp4 files? I've tried Toshiba's media player (which works surprisingly well and easily on everything but the files in question), MX player w/ the additional MX codecs, and VLAN. No joy. VLAN, which I recently downloaded from the PlayStore, immediately crashed every time I started it; too bad, because I use it on my PC and love it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I have used MX Player without problems. Haven't turned on my AT100 and updated apps for probably 6-12 months, though, so it may be out of date. Try it and see if that works.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
    Liked
    67 times
    Original post says he tried MX Player already.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Oops. Missed that somehow!

Remove Ads

Ads