• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By helibobber

Thread: Need Help, cant update

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Need Help, cant update

I have Toshiba Thrive 10 with 32g. android version 3.1, Kernel Version 2.6.36.3=00060-gf3f61b2, Build Number hmj 37.0.1.5.0032. I go to service station to do updates one of the updates Thrive 3.1.01.5.0032 to 3.1.31.5.0011 I select it install it reboots get the exclamation and the robot. It does not update. Please help. I read a lot but nothing comes up with what I need and figure instead reading thru all the threads to try and figure out what is going on I want a clear instruction on what to do. Thank you, waiting for a reply

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pkaquest View Post
    I have Toshiba Thrive 10 with 32g. android version 3.1, Kernel Version 2.6.36.3=00060-gf3f61b2, Build Number hmj 37.0.1.5.0032. I go to service station to do updates one of the updates Thrive 3.1.01.5.0032 to 3.1.31.5.0011 I select it install it reboots get the exclamation and the robot. It does not update. Please help. I read a lot but nothing comes up with what I need and figure instead reading thru all the threads to try and figure out what is going on I want a clear instruction on what to do. Thank you, waiting for a reply

Well, no longer need the help. I figured it out. Here are the steps to correct my problem.
    1. Get DaleNet-Thrive_Universal_Easy_Flash_Tool-v2.8.1 and unzip it to a PC in its own folder. Not to the desktop. (Had to search for this file since I didn't find a dedicated folder for this tool).
    2. Connect the thrive using usb cable to laptop or PC (it should be recoginzed automatically)
    3. Go to the folder where you extracted the file on the PC.
    4. Execute Universal Easy Flash Tool. It will bring up a window, follow the prompts.
    5. The Tool will basically update and install all Necessary files. Once finished with process exit and unplug for PC.
    6.The Thrive should should be booted up. Go to service station Accept agreement.
    7. Check for updates, there may be an update already there.
    8. Down load and update system. Keep repeating the process until everything is updated.

Thank you Dalenet, without this Toshiba wanted lots of money just to get it working.

Good luck PKAQuest
    Last edited by pkaquest; 08-23-2016 at 03:03 PM.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I think it's nice you detailed your solution. Most people using forums post something like 'never mind' or ignore it completely. This could help somebody.
    JiveTurkee likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Good to hear it worked! I wouldn't have thought the tool would help with updating, and I'm surprised there are even Toshiba updates still available.

Just a note for everyone else, though, that the Easy Flash Tool necessarily wipes all personal data on a Thrive. It roots but also unlocks the bootloader, and the latter always acts like a factory reset as a security precaution.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Remove Ads

Ads