• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Toshiba White Light Blinking

I have a Toshiba Z30 and the white light keeps flashing indicating to me the machine is asleep.

I've tried discharging the laptop by holding down the power button and the light temporarily turns off then blinks orange quickly before going back to flashing white.

Tried removing the battery but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Please help.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    When you held down the power button, did you wait as long as 30 seconds to make sure it turned off? Sometimes Thrives are known for not coming back from sleep. Then again, you removed the battery...

If you remove the back cover, there's a small disc (lithium) battery you can also remove. Leave it out for several minutes to make sure the Thrive loses all power.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Remove Ads

Ads