• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Im trying to update my rooted Toshiba Thrive from Android 3.2.1 to anything higher th

Quote Originally Posted by hodocka View Post
    Solved, I found it. If anyone else still trying to use the old Thrive for Kodi XBMC, let me know and I'll send the file. After about a month
    of trying to use the Thrive, first learned how to root and instal the JB 4.1.2 ( I thought I was getting 4.2) then searching for a XBMC
    version that would work with < 4.2 Andriod. Finally got it going.

Hi there

Im trying to update my rooted Toshiba Thrive from Android 3.2.1 to anything higher than 4.1

Please can you assist

Many thanks
    N a t a l i e

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Hi natalie, if your Thrive already has an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery, you can flash a new ROM. But Android 4.1 is the latest anyone has made for the Thrive. Pio_Masaki was developing a few different ROMs, up until a few years ago. The Thrive doesn't have the CPU hardware to support 4.2 or later.

pio_masaki

There are some sites, usually on Blogspot, that claim to have new Android ROMs for older devices. They're always the same three files, which is impossible for them to work on the same devices. At best, they're clickbait: you click through pages full of ads, and the page owner gets a little bit of money, while you get worthless files. And if you download an installer program to your computer, you might be installing a virus.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Remove Ads

Ads