• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

unable to root toshiba trhive?

I got a Toshiba thrive at100 as a Christmas gift a few years back from my dad. I want to root it for a few reasons first to add a little extra ram to my device if it's possible and delete some system apps. I'm older now and very tech savvy. So I've tried at least 3 Click to root applications since there is a ton of the out there. I've gotten as close to rooting as SU actually showing up on my device but saying it"s not working. Now I don't remember which click to root application it was. What really surprises is that i even tried dale net root tool for thrives and it said it worked but no SU at all I tried this again and it still didn't work. I'm really stuck what can I do I'm not giving up. so any reply on this will be greatly appreciated

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Hi delt, welcome to the forum! The Thrive's RAM is hard-wired and not replaceable. That's the actual memory which is erased on bootup. The flash storage memory can be upgraded, but you'll have to replace the eMMC inside.

The Thrive is extremely locked down and won't work with the "universal" tools out there. And beware of some tools which don't work (or may even work), whose main purpose is to trick you into planting malware on your PC. There's only tool which works on the Thrive, link here.

[Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I suggest giving a try for KingRoot if you still need assistance to root your phone.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    KingRoot is not going to work on the Thrive. Toshiba locked down the device quite well. But the tool I linked to should work.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Twitter
    SteveJax

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by kkineus View Post
    I suggest giving a try for KingRoot if you still need assistance to root your phone.
    Wow. Not helpful at all that you don't know the Thrive is a Tablet and not a phone. Maybe you should refrain from giving advice. The Dalenet Tool is THE GoTo tool for the AT100 Toshiba Thrive. All of Dale's work on the Toshiba Thrive is Top of the line. Follow the link given above.
    Tablet: Toshiba Thrive AT100 10.1 32gb
    ROM: DaleNet Deodexed ICS ROM
    Firmware: 4.0.4
    Kernel: 2.6.39.4-g2388484 android-toshiba@tesibuild7 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 23 11:22:12 IST 2012
    Build Number: IMM76D.01.00072314

Remove Ads

Ads