• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By panda

Thread: Try to factory reset thrive, reboots and nothing is wiped

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Try to factory reset thrive, reboots and nothing is wiped

I am running the AT100 Build number HMJ37.01.5.0018. My issue is I am unable to factory reset my device. Every time I use the factory reset option in the settings, it reboots and boots back up as if nothing was ever wiped. After the wipe/reboot, I am still logged into all my previous accounts, all my apps are there, nothing changed. I tried booting into recovery mode by holding power+volume up and wiping the data/cache through there, it says wiping succeeded but again I boot back up and everything is still there like it was never wiped.

When I try to update the device via the toshiba update app through About Phone> System Updates it downloads, and when I install it says system image could not be verified. I tried using the Easy Flash Tool but my ROM version is not listed there. Tried pushing CWM via adb but am not having much luck there either. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Hi mekel, welcome to the forum. Have you ever rooted your tablet? If you haven't, you could try this tool. You wouldn't be using it to root, or to unlock your bootloader either, but as part of the process it does a factory reset (a security feature with Android).

[Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool

After running the tool, you could also try upgrading your Thrive to Android 4.0.4 ICS. Toshiba's release was not very good, to say the least, but our own dalepl made a version that's 100% based on Toshiba's, but cleaned up and stabilized (plus you can finally uninstall Toshiba's bloatware).

[ROM] DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    DWolves likes this.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for the reply Panda. Yes I did try using that tool. My ROM version is not listed there. HMJ37.01.5.0018

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Can anyone else offer some insight? I am completely stuck here.

Thanks!

Remove Ads

Ads