• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thrive reboots itself after being shutdown

I am having/have had several problems with my thrive lately..... the first was that it would not power on after being powered down. I have done the tricks with the battery (taking both out (white and blue) for 10 minutes (actually did for overnight as well...)) and trying to mash the volume + and power at the same time. None of those tricks worked and I had given up. Left the unit on the table and after several days (with no touching it...) the unit just decided to power up by itself. The problem that I am having right now with it is that after I power it off now ( both ways....either pressing the power button until I get the power down screen prompt and pressing yes (reboots in less than 5 seconds) or just continuously pressing the power until it shuts down (doing it this way it takes about 10 minutes until it powers back on by itself...) the unit powers right back up.....except when you take the battery out. Taking the battery out and putting it back in (doesn't matter if for 10 minutes or a day....), the unit will not power back up. It had been in this condition since last Wednesday and I came home tonight and....you guessed it, it was powering back on by itself. Same condition as before though, always restarts after shutting down....well, that was until I decided to shut it down with both volume buttons pressed along with power. I am now sitting here waiting for it to start up again but thought I would post this for help when/if it powers back up.

BTW, I have done the restore to factory conditions both ways, using the prompts under tools and right after the unit is powered down, there is a quick enough window to do the volume + and power to get into that menu. I have also cleared the cache at that prompt.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Sorry for my late reply here. That's a really odd thing I've never heard of. It could be something physical with the switches, perhaps not, but worth removing the back cover and blowing a little compressed air around.

A factory reset wouldn't fix something that's wrong with Android, and I'm wondering what would happen if you rooted and flashed a different ROM.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Remove Ads

Ads