• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: So i'm not sure what's going on here, could use some help

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

So i'm not sure what's going on here, could use some help

Hi! I'm new here. I found a 32gb Thrive 10.1 at a pawn shop for a great price. I knew it was a wicked machine right away. Of course, me being me, the first thing I did was root it like I do with all Android devices. It was running ICS (probably from an OTA update) and I used the Universal Easy Root Tool.
    Here's where things get strange. I must have done something wrong and something right. The device will not boot past the Toshiba screen, cannot be identified by windows, but I still have access to Clockwork Recovery. However, I can't get it to mount SDCARD or USB to flash a file. Of course i tried the wipe data/factory reset, but that didn't work. I can't remember what error it gave me. Something about Android Secure not found.
    When it first got rooted, it would load, but boot-looped. I should have read more carefully and used the tool to stop boot-loops, but no, I did a factory wipe instead. And that's where things are. I don't think it's bricked, but it's definitely not right.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    As long as you can get into recovery, it's only a soft-brick and should be (pun intended) recoverable.

Through recovery, you can flash dalepl's cleaned-up version of ICS. It's stabilized and allows you to uninstall some of the preinstalled bloatware, and the installer does a fresh wipe of the partitions and cache.

[ROM] DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    JiveTurkee likes this.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Panda. I have that file already, that's what I was going to put on there. However, I get errors while trying to access SDcard through recovery. "Error, cannot mount SDcard!" Since that seems to be a non-option, how else can I get the flash file on there?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Are you using a true SD card, or a microSD card in an adapter? Thrives usually don't like adapters.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Have you tried reformatting the SD card (back to the default FAT32)? It might be the file system on the card, especially if you haven't previously had it working in the Thrive.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Micro SD in an adapter. It worked for storage of movies, and the Thrive would recognize it fine. I'll try to reformat it in PC and see if that helps. If not, I'll get a regular SD card.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Micro SD cards with an adapter are not consistent in a Thrive. Use a full sized SD card and you should be fine

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean ROM (4.1.2)

Samsung Galaxy S8+• Oreo Beta ROM (8.0)
    LG V20
    •Stock ROM (7.0 Nougat)
    ZTE Trek2 HD•Stock ROM (6.0 Marshmallow)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hey fried did you fixed it? cus i got exactly the same problem with my tablet toshiba thrive ;(

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    hey fried did you fixed it? cus i got exactly the same problem with my tablet toshiba thrive ;(
    No, i didn't. I tried formatting the micro to FAT32, but no luck. So I'll pick up a full size SD card tomorrow, format it to FAT32, and see if that works.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, good news. The regular size SD card is recognized. Now i try to flash the new ROM. Standby for updates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads