• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thrive Front Facing Camera

I have a Thrive AT100 Tablet. My back facing camera (the one that you can see yourself) works fine. But every time I switch to the front facing, it freezes and there is no cam. It is just a bunch of color stuff. How do get my front facing cam working again? I've tried everything I think. It has to do something with the software I think.

Thanks for your help!!

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    I have the same issue. I've tried wiping and reinstalling Android, which didn't help. It's probably hardware failure, so one of these days I'll look for the camera parts on eBay.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    I have the same issue. I've tried wiping and reinstalling Android, which didn't help. It's probably hardware failure, so one of these days I'll look for the camera parts on eBay.
    I wish I can just reinstall the camera app. that came with the Thrive. I wouldn't know how to do it though.

I get a screen with just a multicolor of garbage.

I will never buy another Toshiba product again including TVs.

Remove Ads

Ads