• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mueller336

Thread: in the middle of flashing!

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

in the middle of flashing!

Would someone be good enough to tell me how long this procedure takes? When I downloaded helium, I got no prompts as the meddling monk told me i would ....if macarver or Dan v are around could u help me as the monk lives in australia! He is asleep when I'm awake! Lol many thanks, c

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Hi mueller,

What seems to be the issue? I assume you've installed Helium on your laptop and connected the tablet to laptop (miniUSB port on the tablet end, full-size USB on the laptop end)?

There should have been some prompts on the app on the tablet to enable android debugging and PTP. On the PC it will just ask you to connect the tablet - until that happens, the desktop program won't do anything.

Unless I'm mistaken, we haven't gotten to reflashing your tablet yet - at the moment we just want to backup your apps, settings and files first, before using Dalepl's root tool and then finally flashing Dalepl's ICS ROM.

Kind Regards,
    The Meddling Monk.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Replied to other thread: my thrive is very slow !!!

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Yes, I did just as you said, the tablet is still in the pc and there is a flashing light ...how long is this procedure? One hour or more. The helium gave me no prompts as u wrote, there is an on going circle that just goes around......that where I probably went wrong, but I was going very slowly last night so I would have seen them! I have the carbon....and the helium set up on the desk top....no I never saw that ptp prompt....? Thanks
    Kushner likes this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mueller336 View Post
    Yes, I did just as you said, the tablet is still in the pc and there is a flashing light ...how long is this procedure? One hour or more. The helium gave me no prompts as u wrote, there is an on going circle that just goes around......that where I probably went wrong, but I was going very slowly last night so I would have seen them! I have the carbon....and the helium set up on the desk top....no I never saw that ptp prompt....? Thanks
    I really loved the discussion here.
    Last edited by Kushner; 08-02-2015 at 10:01 PM.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I tried three times, slowly and carefully and the meddling monk is a good teacher! A tech told me many years ago told me not to fool with buttons but to go to a professional and have it done correctly! This is what I'm doing this am! The geek squad will help me as they looked after me last year after I was hacked. The helium never come clicked in as the monk explained to me...I never went to tech school, so I'm always learning......the forum as been very helpful to me in the past and I'll still ask for direction.....

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    It sounds as if ADB connection to the tablet hasn't been established.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Where were you when I needed you! Onky kidding the meddling monk tried and I tried three times from my end to no avail and I checked, rechecked.....so since I really didn't want to fiddle I went to geek squad and they cleaned me up in no time....I'm back to normality now. I would have loved to have seen how this method worked! Many thanks for all ur help. It is really appreciated.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Dear monk! I just want to take this moment to thank you for all your effort to help me. I went to the geek squad and they decided to bring everything to factory settings....also, i was told to buy another tablet, rather than repairing and throwing money into this one. These tablets last about three years ......oh well, its only money.....lol. many thanks again monk!

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mueller336 View Post
    Dear monk! I just want to take this moment to thank you for all your effort to help me. I went to the geek squad and they decided to bring everything to factory settings....also, i was told to buy another tablet, rather than repairing and throwing money into this one. These tablets last about three years ......oh well, its only money.....lol. many thanks again monk!
    You're welcome. Sorry we couldn't get it all backed up and reflashed for you.

The Thrive is pretty solid and will last quite a while, if looked after - the battery is the first thing to fail. I've had mine for 3 and a half years and it's still in very good working order. In fact, when I bought it originally it had one stuck pixel, which has strangely decided to start working again in the last few months! Of course, the advancement of technology is relentless and there are faster, newer tablets available now.

I wish you all the best with your next tablet!

Kind Regards,
    The Meddling Monk

Remove Ads

Ads