• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Toshiba Thrive Stuck on Splash Screen

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danvee View Post
    Shut down. Reboot.
    Thanks a lot danvee !!! my Thrive is working again

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Works (almost) every time.
    rosalie likes this.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Almost Works

I am trying to flash my husband's Thrive. I am on Windows 8.1, which should not be too much of a problem except it is Windows 8.1. I have everything downloaded and unzipped. I installed the unsigned driver after reconfiguring the PC to install an unsigned driver. I run the batch file (as administrator) and it was saying "The system cannot find the path specified." Okay, so maybe the paths were messed up. I deleted all the extracted files and re-extracted them. Now I don't get the path message, but I get "USB device not found" or else I get "Command send failed <usb write failed>. Does this mean there is a hardware problem?? Thanks for any insights!!
    Last edited by jacksmom; 12-26-2014 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Things changed.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Use a different computer/OS. Win8 is a problem...
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay, I tried on a Windows 7 computer and I get all the same errors: If I just run the batch file "normally", I get the error where it is unable to write to the USB port. If I run as administrator, I get the path not found error. I have installed the NVidia driver several times, and it looks to be okay. I found advice on the web that mentioned unblocking the file before I extracted it from the Zip, and I did that too. No luck there either. I can't figure out what else to try.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    It sounds as if the adb files and the other files needed are not in the same folder. Open the .bat file in notepad and look at the directory order of the commands.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, the instructions say to unzip the files to your desktop. The unzipped files have one subfolder within the .bat file folder, but the command line appears to take that into account. Actually, I have tried putting the unzipped folder in several locations, and there is the same error regardless of where it is located, however that particular error <em>only occurs when running in administrator mode . However, although running in non-administrator mode seems to resolve the path issue, it brings up the issue of not being able to write to the USB port. Actually, this brings up a question I have that is not covered in the instructions. The instructions tell you to take the back off the Thrive and push the little button in the hole and then pushing the power button (only works when the Thrive starts in the "off" state). &nbsp;That is so you can see if you need the driver installed. &nbsp;Once that has&nbsp;been installed, do you still leave the Thrive in that state? &nbsp;If you have to come back to the process later, but the driver has been installed, what state should the Thrive be in? Cabled to the USB port with the mini-usb cable, I assume, but should the Thrive be: Off? On (booted)? On ( reset/power-on mode)? Perhaps I don't have the Thrive in the correct mode. Something over a year ago Dalepl actually did this process to MY Thrive (it is my husband's that has the problem now) and he used my same pc that I am using now and got it to work when he logged in remotely. I should have had Dalepl do both Thrives then, but my husband is leery of rooting and installing non-official Android (until his Android crapped out a few days ago).

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Is the device in USB debugging mode?
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarver2000 View Post
    Is the device in USB debugging mode?
    mcarver2000 How do you get the device into USB Debugging mode if the Thrive won't boot passed the Innovation Screen? Is there something I am missing? Is the "APX" mode with the paper clip the debugging mode that you are referring to? Help please. I get the drivers installed, but I don't see the NVFlash under the USB Controllers or even Invidia either. Thanks in advance for your help!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you very much
    10 minutes on this forum and I have a functioning thrive again. The flash worked perfectly and I can now enjoy my tablit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads