• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: keyboard crash

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @14thdegree

keyboard crash

Hey everybody. This is my first post so I hope I am posting in the right place. I am a bit of a Newb when it comes to working under the hood of the thrive. I have been using the stock HC rom that it came with HTK55D.21.5.0009 until a few night ago i decided to flash to CM10 but when I tried to follow links in the threads Alltechtalk.net was down..... has been for two days. So i tried a few of the builds that i managed to find online. But no matter what combo of Rom and Gapps i used the keyboard always crashes. I am currently running Pio_Masaki's pac_tostab03_4.2-milestone.1.release_20140119-004130.zip with gapps-jb-20130813-signed(1).zip and balthesaur-2.80-updater.zip kernal. everthing looks great Pio_masaki did a great job on combining the features of Paraniod Android, AOKP, and CyanogenMod. Big hats off to all the Devs for all their hard work on all these great Roms.
    As for my keyboard issue as far as i understand Pio_masaki posted all these zips as compatible I have cleared all the caches and and even a data wipe. but the keyboard still crashes constantly. Any ideas?

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Hi, Conundrum2501, and welcome to Thrive Forums I'll let Pio advise you re whether there are any known issues with the keyboard with that ROM, or regarding the GAPPs you're using, because I don't know. But in the mean time, maybe install a different keyboard and see if you have the crashing issue with the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum2501 View Post
    Hey everybody. This is my first post so I hope I am posting in the right place. I am a bit of a Newb when it comes to working under the hood of the thrive. I have been using the stock HC rom that it came with HTK55D.21.5.0009 until a few night ago i decided to flash to CM10 but when I tried to follow links in the threads Alltechtalk.net was down..... has been for two days. So i tried a few of the builds that i managed to find online. But no matter what combo of Rom and Gapps i used the keyboard always crashes. I am currently running Pio_Masaki's pac_tostab03_4.2-milestone.1.release_20140119-004130.zip with gapps-jb-20130813-signed(1).zip and balthesaur-2.80-updater.zip kernal. everthing looks great Pio_masaki did a great job on combining the features of Paraniod Android, AOKP, and CyanogenMod. Big hats off to all the Devs for all their hard work on all these great Roms.
    As for my keyboard issue as far as i understand Pio_masaki posted all these zips as compatible I have cleared all the caches and and even a data wipe. but the keyboard still crashes constantly. Any ideas?
    danvee likes this.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    The kernel isn't required for any 4.2 based Rom, it'll break some things, just use the included kernel in 4.2 roms. Try wiping it all again then flashing the Rom and gapps again and see how it does. If you're still having issues visit here for gapps for cm10.1/4.2 http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip

Usually crashing keyboard is a bad or wrong version gapps package or a dirty flash from a different Rom version, like 4.1 to 4.2. Last one is try to sideload a different keyboard and see if that works as well.

Worst case try the 4.1 based PAC builds.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @14thdegree
    Hey Pio, Thanks for responding so quickly! I know you have to be busy. I flashed the ROM and the new Gapps package you recommended. hopefully i have the process correct. I started with a data wipe. then (for good measure) wiped the cache, and Dalvik cache. also formatted the system. Then i flashed the zips (Rom then Gapps) and wiped the cache and dalvik again before rebooting. Low and Behold it worked this time. I guess the combination of incompatible kernal and gapps was throwing everything off. Thanks for all your hard work! This is the first of my android devices that i have rooted, much less flashed. I didn't know what this little beauty was capable off. So the camera and external SD card are not working on this build right? Small price for JB with such comprehensive features. Just out of curiosity, what is your favorite ROM for the thrive?
    With the Thrive up and running now i am debating tackling my Nexus 4.
    rosalie likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    That's great, Conumdrum! Glad you have your Thrive up and running
    Hey, why don't you join us over on Nexus Forums too. You'll find lots of information and help with your Nexus 4. We've got a great group over there, just as we do here.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @14thdegree
    Thanks Rosalie. and i will definitly pop over to the nexus forum. But i still have work to do on the thrive. The Pac-man build Pio put together is sweet. but there are a few bugs that might be a deal breaker if i cant figure out a work around.
    Buggy on steaming video and audio,
    No audio through dock headphone jack.
    no camera
    no sd card support. (the last two i knew about before downloading.)
    Pio sent me a link for a stable CM10 build via twitter. If all else fails i will try that.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Thanks Rosalie. and i will definitly pop over to the nexus forum. But i still have work to do on the thrive. The Pac-man build Pio put together is sweet. but there are a few bugs that might be a deal breaker if i cant figure out a work around.
    Buggy on steaming video and audio,
    No audio through dock headphone jack.
    no camera
    no sd card support. (the last two i knew about before downloading.)
    Pio sent me a link for a stable CM10 build via twitter. If all else fails i will try that.
    The 4.1 based PAC is far better for hardware support then 4.2 and has most of the same features.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @14thdegree
    Thanks again Pio. I flashed the Gerbil you sent me on twitter. Its much smoother so far. The only bugs I have noticed so far are the SD card and peripherals don't work through the dock.( even got the camera back!)

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Thanks again Pio. I flashed the Gerbil you sent me on twitter. Its much smoother so far. The only bugs I have noticed so far are the SD card and peripherals don't work through the dock.( even got the camera back!)
    Those should both work, they did on my thrive...make sure the sd card is formatted fat32 only, or it won't see the card.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @14thdegree
    My SD card was already formated to FAT32 but just to be sure i reformated it. Thrive still doesnt see it. And the dock will charge the tablet but the usb, hdmi, and audio jack are all dead. they all worked with the stock rom (just to clarify that the dock itself is not damaged.) could this be another instance of incompatible Gapps? which package did you use with your Thrive? As of now i am running CM10-Giddy_Gerbil-U7.6.zip along with gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip. Is there a compatibility chart somewhere that would show which Gapps will play nice with which Roms and which ones require which kernals?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads