• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: keyboard crash

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum2501 View Post
    My SD card was already formated to FAT32 but just to be sure i reformated it. Thrive still doesnt see it. And the dock will charge the tablet but the usb, hdmi, and audio jack are all dead. they all worked with the stock rom (just to clarify that the dock itself is not damaged.) could this be another instance of incompatible Gapps? which package did you use with your Thrive? As of now i am running CM10-Giddy_Gerbil-U7.6.zip along with gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip. Is there a compatibility chart somewhere that would show which Gapps will play nice with which Roms and which ones require which kernals?
    On goo.im there is the main gapps page, that page has a chart showing which gapps to use with which android version. I just use the standard gapps from there most of the time. The dock always was a bit hit or miss since none of us that were working on it had one of those to work with, but it did work in U5, not sure why it would no longer work in U7, though. I recall needing to reboot the thrive while in the dock to get it to work, maybe try that?
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @14thdegree
    Hey Pio, Rebooting whilst docked did the trick. Dock is up and running. I also visited Goo.im and checked the compatibility chart. The Gapps package I was using was working fine but it was not the one listed for the 4.1. So I flashed the package they had listed. Still worked fine but unfortunately did not resolve the SD card issue. The card works fine in CWM but not when I get into the Rom. I am sure I am missing something obvious. Whenever I attempt to access the card through file manager it requests super user privileges but even when I grant them it still doesn't see it.
    On a side note delving under the hood of the Thrive has been a blast. A much needed challenge after a period of relative stagnation. I would like to get more involved and start learning how to develop. I know that there are not many people still working on the Thrive. Do you have any suggestions for reading material? I need to start from the absolute basics.
    Thanks again for all your help. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to see a Dev without a massive superiority complex. lol

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum2501 View Post
    Hey Pio, Rebooting whilst docked did the trick. Dock is up and running. I also visited Goo.im and checked the compatibility chart. The Gapps package I was using was working fine but it was not the one listed for the 4.1. So I flashed the package they had listed. Still worked fine but unfortunately did not resolve the SD card issue. The card works fine in CWM but not when I get into the Rom. I am sure I am missing something obvious. Whenever I attempt to access the card through file manager it requests super user privileges but even when I grant them it still doesn't see it.
    On a side note delving under the hood of the Thrive has been a blast. A much needed challenge after a period of relative stagnation. I would like to get more involved and start learning how to develop. I know that there are not many people still working on the Thrive. Do you have any suggestions for reading material? I need to start from the absolute basics.
    Thanks again for all your help. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to see a Dev without a massive superiority complex. lol
    I don't know why the SD card isn't working, I know that worked on 7.6 when I used it. As for reading about developing, I'm not sure, I read as I needed it and learned by doing it line by line, probably why I'm not especially great at it lol.

Edit actually I guess it depends on what kind of developing you had in mind, apps I have zero experience with, kernels is good to study c++ for, android would be good to study c++ and java.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by pio_masaki; 04-27-2014 at 04:55 PM.
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads