• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rosalie
  • 1 Post By danvee

Thread: Help thrive slowing down in old age

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Help thrive slowing down in old age

I've had my thrive 2 1/2 years and been overall very happy. Lately, its been noticeably slower to boot up, to start programs and to surf the internet. I am running stock ICS. I supposedly have 1.7 GB on my internal drive available.

Any ideas what might be causing this and what I can do about it? I really don't want to wipe all my apps etc. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Then you won't like almost everyone's answer....
    The fact is, the OS gets bogged down over time with apps (both installed and incompletely uninstalled), plus we see what is akin to OS decay as time goes on.
    The reset would definitely help.
    Rooting and flashing a clean rooted ROM would help more.
    1.7G is not a lot of space.
    Cleaning out apps that you don't use at least once a week would be a good start, though....
    An app like Storage Analyzer will help you to see what's taking up the most space.

Seriously.... Consider the reset.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Hi woodside_boomer. How are you?

Well, if you have never done a reset, that's what I'd suggest. It's like a 'tune up' that after 2 1/2 years is probably sorely needed to rejuvenate your Thrive.

You can easily back up your apps, and in any case, if they are mostly from Google Play and Amazon, you can easily reinstall them again. Google will even do it for you after the reset. However, we usually suggest that if you have been having problems or poor performance,not to allow Google to automatically reinstall them. Instead, just install your must-have core apps first. Then you can add others back in one at a time. If you start having slow performance you'll be able to tell which app, or apps are causing it.
    danvee likes this.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Beat me again, Dan
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    I never touched you...
    rosalie likes this.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    always a comedian

Remove Ads

Ads