• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: READ FIRST If your Thrive is stuck at the fireworks screen or Bootloops

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mio,
    It did show APX as I recall in the process, but then it changed to NVIDIA after I right click APX and after "update the driver"(or the APX symbol went away and I saw NVIDIA new in USB controller). Since the download file directory in window pc (usbpcdriver) is NvidiaUsb, so I thought NVIDIA is the APX . After reflashing failed, I repeat the same steps to reinstall usbpcdriver, this time, it never showed APX; instead it automatically shows NVIDIA loaded in USB controller. I saw your video (universal easy flash tool) before, but failed to download the file. Should I try the "universal easy flash tool". If yes, can you repost the tool as I have had problem to download any files from http://static.droidnetwork.net/dalepl/Tools. The site is not accessible to me.
    Edit 1: In your video, you said the Thrive has to be on USB debug mode. This is no longer necessary, correct?
    Last edited by scotttu; 01-13-2017 at 10:32 PM.

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1903 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttu View Post
    Mio,
    It did show APX as I recall in the process, but then it changed to NVIDIA after I right click APX and after "update the driver"(or the APX symbol went away and I saw NVIDIA new in USB controller). Since the download file directory in window pc (usbpcdriver) is NvidiaUsb, so I thought NVIDIA is the APX . After reflashing failed, I repeat the same steps to reinstall usbpcdriver, this time, it never showed APX; instead it automatically shows NVIDIA loaded in USB controller. I saw your video (universal easy flash tool) before, but failed to download the file. Should I try the "universal easy flash tool". If yes, can you repost the tool as I have had problem to download any files from http://static.droidnetwork.net/dalepl/Tools. The site is not accessible to me.
    Edit 1: In your video, you said the Thrive has to be on USB debug mode. This is no longer necessary, correct?
    I think you're using 2 different tools for 2 different things. NVFlash does not require USB debugging, it doesn't even need the device able to boot I to Android, it's purpose is a low level pre OS format and reimage of the partitions and is totally removed from Android.

I don't have a video for the easy flash tool, that's not mine, I just help out.

This tool, this uses NVFlash (the actual windows utility you use in the prompt) with the device in APX mode to partition and image the device. It requires its own set of *unsigned* drivers, the device to be in APX mode, and a good, known working mini USB cable. Anything past windows 7 can present issues with the unsigned driver and requires extra steps, however will work for sure up to windows 8, I never tried on 10.

There's a reason we always remote in to do this, it's somewhat complicated and can be a dangerous procedure if you don't know what you're doing.

The easy flash tool will not help a non booting or bootlooping device, it's for rooting and flashing on a working, fully booting system and requires USB debugging enabled and it's drivers installed.

I don't have much time tonight, it's already past my bed time for work at 5, but I'll see what I can do to help clear up this process, it seems some users are getting lost along the way. I can't do a video as I don't have a thrive, but I should be able to do something.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mio,
    Following the instruction provided in the download upto Step 11(h), except this time, I used NVF_ENC.BAT instead of NVF.BAT (they both use NVFlash.exe to flash the encrypted or non-encrypted files to device) , the device is reflashing beautifully. The device is booting up and running. The device is in Buid HTK55D.31.5.0003 and I can enable USB debug mode, however, there is no superuser app. So, the device is still not rooted. The device can be updated to ICS 4.0.4.01 available in the software update. I am reluctant to update to ICS 4.0.4.01 because I recalled after ICS update few years back, the device is not as stable and become so slow. I'd like to root the device so that I can use stock roms in the future. I am having problem to download the file "Universal easy flash tool and/or ADBDriver from http://static.droidnetwork.net/dalepl/Tools. The site is not accessible. Can you repost all the necessary instruction/steps and tools that can help me to root? Thanks.
    Last edited by scotttu; 01-14-2017 at 07:00 AM.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1903 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Mio,
    Following the instruction provided in the download upto Step 11(h), except this time, I used NVF_ENC.BAT instead of NVF.BAT (they both use NVFlash.exe to flash the encrypted or non-encrypted files to device) , the device is reflashing beautifully. The device is booting up and running. The device is in Buid HTK55D.31.5.0003 and I can enable USB debug mode, however, there is no superuser app. So, the device is still not rooted. The device can be updated to ICS 4.0.4.01 available in the software update. I am reluctant to update to ICS 4.0.4.01 because I recalled after ICS update few years back, the device is not as stable and become so slow. I'd like to root the device so that I can use stock roms in the future. I am having problem to download the file "Universal easy flash tool and/or ADBDriver from http://static.droidnetwork.net/dalepl/Tools. The site is not accessible. Can you repost all the necessary instruction/steps and tools that can help me to root? Thanks.
    Ah, that is an important step, it uses the encryption keys the thrive requires to flash, I'm surprised Paul overlooked that.

On my afh account I have an older build of the flash tools I think.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862694803

Use this on HC, not ICS / 4.0.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Done rooting and create backup. Million thanks to Dalenet forum to help me out. You guys are great!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I am sorry to ask such naive question. After rooting done, I found out there are many popular apps (such as Chrome browser, Google Music play, Netcam apps...) can no longer be loaded with rooted Thrive. In Google Play store, these apps are labelled as incompatible with my device. I used to be able to load them. Is there any way I can load them up with rooted device? If I un-root the device, I assume the device would go back to HC version (HTK55D.31.5.0003)? and there I can update the version to IOS 4.0.4, which hopefully would allow the loading of many apps. I have been under the impression that a rooted device should have more flexibility to load more apps. Am I wrong?

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1903 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    I am sorry to ask such naive question. After rooting done, I found out there are many popular apps (such as Chrome browser, Google Music play, Netcam apps...) can no longer be loaded with rooted Thrive. In Google Play store, these apps are labelled as incompatible with my device. I used to be able to load them. Is there any way I can load them up with rooted device? If I un-root the device, I assume the device would go back to HC version (HTK55D.31.5.0003)? and there I can update the version to IOS 4.0.4, which hopefully would allow the loading of many apps. I have been under the impression that a rooted device should have more flexibility to load more apps. Am I wrong?
    You can always side load apps, sometimes that works, but if I were you I'd flash a rooted version of Paul's ICS vs taking the update and going that way. The version will still be limited in some apps, there's also 4.1 Roms but that's as far as it goes.

Here is a rooted ICS from Paul https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319199481

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I did your recommendation and it is good for me. I need to follow your threads related to thrive development more closely. You guys are wonderful.
    pio_masaki and Torrid like this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Pio,
    Have you tried xposed frame work with the rooted 4.0.4? Any advice.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

Ads