• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: READ FIRST If your Thrive is stuck at the fireworks screen or Bootloops

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Tried it all

So I've tried all the steps outlined above.

When I try the ThriveTool.exe, I get "command write failure (usb)" Do you think this means hardware has gone south?

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

thrive is struggling to boot

Hi all, I'm new here. I've been reading a lot on this forum and thought I was on track. I was following [TOOL] Reflashing Your AT100/105 Device When It Will Not Boot ...and I got the APX to show in my device manager. However, when updating the usb driver I get a message "The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information. If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for the driver software."

I've tried factory reset and see all kinds of errors and fails and doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas? Thanks

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi
    I am new to this site. I've spent countless hours reading all of the solutions and trying to fix my thrive on my own. Unfortunately I have nothing work for me...Ok so here is my problem..my thrive is stuck on the Toshiba innovative screen. As I said, I have tried everything. I can boot into system recovery, but when I try to apply the update from my external sd card I get an error E:can't open/sdcard/update.zip(no such file or directory) installation aborted. I would really appreciate some help or direction. Thank you in advance.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    445 times
    Hi, welcome to the site. When you say system recovery, is it the stock Toshiba recovery? It allows flashing files only if they have Toshiba's signature.

If all else fails, this will restore stock Honeycomb 3.2 on your Thrive. Its brute-force flashing can be pretty hard on the eMMC (flash memory), so you want to use this sparingly. But if even this doesn't work, it's likely your Thrive's eMMC was already failing.

[TOOL] Reflashing Your AT100/105 Device When It Will Not Boot
    Frequent pilferer of wife's Thrive 10, currently sporting Pio's Kuroikaze Shinka B25.
    Nexus 7 owner and eternal Commodore enthusiast.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    That is exactly what happened to me! did you figure anything out yet?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am losing sleep over trying to figure this out.....I could really use some help!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    445 times
    Hi Need_Help, there's a zip file within the zip file you download. So after downloading the file, you have to unzip it, then put that inside zip on the SD card.
    Frequent pilferer of wife's Thrive 10, currently sporting Pio's Kuroikaze Shinka B25.
    Nexus 7 owner and eternal Commodore enthusiast.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1903 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    How did I never notice this thread? Lol. I'll read through it and maybe put up a FAQ that addresses some of the questions here, I also have a video I made years ago of the exact process to boot into APX mode that should help with timing.

I'll mention now, I haven't read the thread yet, but the thrive not turning on in APX mode is normal, screen is usually blank.

Device not found and exit usually means thrive is not in APX, bad USB or no USB connection, or drivers. I've had cable issues before.

Any mentions of NVFlash mode means probably APX mode, NVFlash is the utility used to flash in APX mode, so either one is generally interchangeable, usually refers to the same thing.

I'm subbed now so I can chime in as needed, I did over a couple hundred reflashes so I've hit plenty of problems.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    panda likes this.
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mio,
    I have been in communication with TTMOO about "Reflashing Your AT100/105 Device When It Will Not Boot" page 81-88. I got to the point where usb driver is loaded up on PC device manager under UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLERS shown as NVIDIA instead of NVFLASH which is what stated in the instruction. The next step, also the last step, is to reflash the files from PC to Thrive, but it got immediately rejected in dos command window, appearing to me that the usb is not recognized. I am so close to it...TTMOO recommends you are the guru to help NVFLASH. Any suggestion? FYI, I have AT105-1016, I have tried ADBDRIVER from one of the threads. ADBDRIVER installation complainted that MTP USB device failed to connect. I wonder if it has anything to do with USB debugging mode is not ON? I had USB debugging on before Thrive went brick, then hard reset it to factory and/or wipe cash memory.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1903 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    It will say APX, not NVFlash. Sounds like you're not in APX mode which is required, it won't appear to be on, but will be. I have a video on my YouTube to help with that one.

USB debugging doesn't need to be on to use APX, it's a far earlier boot mode.

https://youtu.be/uQ6-m20tq8g

Edit: mods, I know it'll be redundant, but would you like me to post a new thread for this, with my files? Paul did us well but he's moved on and I still poke around a little here and there lol.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pio_masaki; 01-13-2017 at 08:11 PM.
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads