• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Thrive stuck at Toshiba screen

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shanita View Post
    my thrive was working, husband watch a movie, it died and went i went to turn it on it was just stuck on the toshiba leading innovations screen. wiped the cache twice and hard reset but still when it powers on it stays stuck on the toshiba screen. it powers on but sticks on the toshiba screen. i would appreciate different solutions to help me. thx
    Welcome, Shanita. Is your Thrive rooted, or running a stock ROM? If all else fails, PM dalepl to get in his queue. He can remotely flash your Thrive back to stock.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I used Dale's CM 6.0.1.1 from reboot menu. Cleared all cache. twice. No it will not turn off by power button. I said this already. I guess i have to try a factory reset and start over.

Update . I did a factory reset and rei-installed CM 6.0.1.1 seems to be OK. Not sure if the LCD screen doing weird colors caused the crash. I reinserted the ribbon cable and it is OK now.
    Last edited by AndrewM; 04-12-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
    I used Dale's CM 6.0.1.1 from reboot menu. Cleared all cache. twice. No it will not turn off by power button. I said this already. I guess i have to try a factory reset and start over.

Update . I did a factory reset and rei-installed CM 6.0.1.1 seems to be OK. Not sure if the LCD screen doing weird colors caused the crash. I reinserted the ribbon cable and it is OK now.
    Whew! Maybe it just took a couple of tries to flash the ROM. Besides clearing the cache, there are a couple of other steps to ensure a clean flash. Pio laid out instructions a while back.

The All Inclusive CM10 General Thread
    rosalie likes this.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    not software savvy but how do i get it rooted if it wont get passed the toshiba screen?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    If your Thrive is already rooted, you could try flashing a new ROM. If you're not rooted, contact dalepl.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Try it and see...
    Otherwise PM dalepl and ask if he'll reflash the Thrive for you.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem! what can i do

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Same solution as stated in the above.
    PM dalepl and ask for his help..... :beer:
    ~Dan

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hello everybody

i just buy a toshiba thrive 10.1 and when I turn it on it asks for me a password and since I did not know which was I did just a factory wipe and now when I try to turn it on I only get the toshiba screen but , can you help me please?

thank you very much.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    First, remove both batteries (the big one and the small round blue one) after turning the Thrive off.

Leave both out for 10 minutes.
    Replace the round blue one, then the main one.
    Try turning on again.

If it still fails, you'll need to send a PM (personal message) to dalepl (a few posts above) explaining the problem and asking if he'd reflash the ROM for .

All of this assuming that you're either out of warranty, or don't want to deal with Toshiba. If purchased used, you might contact the seller.
    ~Dan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads