• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By intanet

Thread: No sound coming from my paired Samsung WEP 450 Bluetooth headset

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

No sound coming from my paired Samsung WEP 450 Bluetooth headset

I spent hours searching this out on the web and came up empty. Hoping someone here can shed some light on the subject.

Ok, the short of it.

I have some yoga videos on my Tablet but the Thrive speakers aren't that loud so I got the "bright idea" that I could use my Samsung WEP 450 Bluetooth headset while working out to the videos. Toshiba recognized and paired it quickly in "Settings/Bluetooth". But I opened up a video and got no sound from the headset. Ok, I'm a total newbie when it comes to Bluetooth but, I did pair this headset with my cell phone and it works fine on phone calls. Is there something I have to enable somewhere on the Thrive ? Or am I incorrectly expecting this bluetooth headset to work in the way I described?

I found a posting on a forum that said that the Thrive doesn't pair with mono Bluetooth devices. Don't know how true that is and the Toshiba manual offers no help in the matter either. And the Samsung website doesn't even recognize the model number of this bluetooth device anymore??? (I bought it in 2010)

Does anyone have any info on Bluetooth headsets and the Toshiba Thrive even if it isn't specific to this Samsung headset?
    Thanks

2. Ads

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    Twitter
    SteveJax
    If it's the same Samsung Bluetooth headset I bought for my phone it's just crap. My Samsung Infuse phone phone doesn't even work with it anymore. I got about a month's worth of use from it before it just stopped connecting. I use my RocketFish bluetooth speakers with my Thrive and phone to play music and videos.
    Tablet: Toshiba Thrive AT100 10.1 32gb
    ROM: DaleNet Deodexed ICS ROM
    Firmware: 4.0.4
    Kernel: 2.6.39.4-g2388484 android-toshiba@tesibuild7 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 23 11:22:12 IST 2012
    Build Number: IMM76D.01.00072314

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That's a bummer. I got my headset on Black Friday a few years ago for pretty cheap and it works good with my cheapo Samsung cell phone but I can't get any sound out of it on the Thrive.

Yeah, I've been seeing that RocketFish name coming up a lot lately as I've been searching for and buying various accessories for my Thrive but I was hoping I wouldn't have to spend anymore money for now.

Anyhow, if anyone has any Bluetooth info for the Thrive, it would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by intanet; 03-13-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    In further searches on the web concerning this matter, I see this is an issue a lot of people are looking for an answer to. And, by the number of views THIS posting got, I'm not alone here either.

OK, I finally got an answer I am satisfied with from a commenter on a Youtube video talking about how to pair Thrive with a Bluetooth HeadPHONE. As far as I understood, the guy in the video giving instructions about paring a Bluetooth HeadPHONE mistakenly called it a HeadSET in the video (which is what I have been having a problem with. The headSET). Ok, so, this is what the commenter wrote in response to his video:

"No, this doesn't work on "headsets" which, technically speaking, include a microphone and use the Bluetooth Headset Profile (HSP), which isn't possible on the Toshiba Thrive. You seem to be talking about stereo headphones/earphones/earbuds, which use the Bluetooth Advanced Audio Profile (A2DP), which is the profile for Bluetooth stereo headphones."

Hallelujah! I can finally let this issue go and get on with my life. Hope this is helpful to others.

All the best.

Last edited by intanet; 03-13-2013 at 09:34 PM. Reason: color for emphasis
    DWolves likes this.

Ads