• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

dont want audio going to hdmi

so i have an hdmi monitor at home.. and it does not have speakers. i would like to send just the video over hdmi and not the audio.

as of now. severytime i olug y tab to my monitor, i get picture no sound as the monitor has n speakers.

i even tried hooking up speakers through the audio port but still no audio. i have not found a setting for this feature.. seems like a simple thing for the to fix.

is this the ame case on the dock with hdmi acsy? i know it also has separate audio out but wonder if audio video will separate there.

any help anyne?

thanks.

cg
    The Singularity is coming! Im excited.

2. Ads

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    I'm not aware of any way in the settings to do this. HDMI is designed to send video and audio to the device...but it's a bummer that the audio jack isn't set as an override or at least a dual source.

If you have audio out of your monitor, and you should, then you could probably go out from the monitor and into your speakers. You may need to get some adapters, because they're probably RCA/component style outputs. From there, though, you should be able to step down to 1/4" or 1/8" mini, whatever your device takes. If it's digital audio out only and your speakers are analog, or you don't have audio out on your monitor, then things get a little more complicated. A few manufacturers make HDMI breakout boxes that will split the audio and video signals, giving you standard RCA component outputs. They tend to be a bit pricey, though, but they'll get the job done.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Would this override be possible with a custom rom? You my want to ask the developer dj Steve if can incorporate something like this.

Sent from my my thrive

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    yea i would think software could easily fix this issue
    The Singularity is coming! Im excited.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

any luck?

i have a projector with no audio, i need the earphone jack to over ride the hdmi sound when i plug it in

Remove Ads

Ads