• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Icecream sandwich update bricked my tablet. No help from Toshiba!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Just give him time.
    He does this of his own good will on his own time, and there's a line of people who need his help.
    He's offering to do something that not even Toshiba has offered to do.
    Patience, please
    Last edited by danvee; 09-30-2012 at 07:56 AM.
    SHADO and rosalie like this.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    dalepl rolled my ICS update back to HC, it was quick a painless. ICS didn't run well on my AT100. Now I have rooted my AT100 and running the 4.0.4 US ROM, and it works alot better than the one I got from toshiba. Took a little bit for me to be around when he was. But he will help...

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGiant View Post
    dalepl rolled my ICS update back to HC, it was quick a painless. ICS didn't run well on my AT100. Now I have rooted my AT100 and running the 4.0.4 US ROM, and it works alot better than the one I got from toshiba. Took a little bit for me to be around when he was. But he will help...
    HMMMMM.......very interesting indeed. I have a question for you that may answer a lot of things. When you tried to update to ICS, did you have the most current version of honeycomb??? AND, did you update through the service station within the 2-4 weeks after ICS was released by toshiba???? If you did, that maybe your problem.

I am seeing this same problem all over thrive forums and msg boards. People were having massive problems and unlike you, some people bricked their thrives trying to update their non-rooted thrives and toshiba is being idiots about it.
    lectric.chuck likes this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Yeah I'm in Canada and just noticed the update when we got back from holidays. It didn't brink mine just acted funky, real slow and swype keyboard wouldn't work, and real slow trying to type. That ICS was the first update I seen in Service Station since updating the AT100 when I got it.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I thought I was the only one with these issues. Mine is doing exactly the same thing and is basically useless since the update. Mine did have the latest HC and I updated during the window you mentioned with service station. Since I'm new here, how would I go about returning this to HC then rooting. Thanks for the help.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    PM dalepl. He can help roll you back.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    With the OTA ICS update, Swype May get broken. It can be fixed by going to Settings -> Apps clear data and cache. Unfortunately the dictionary gets lost. There is also a beta Swype available that is better (mostly). http://beta.swype.com/
    JiveTurkee likes this.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The update ruined my thrive to. I read in some forums that doing the reset would do the trick but it did not reset to honeycomb and all I did was waste the money
    spent on apps. My thrive is still often unresponsive, slow, and crashes alot. Very unhappy.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    PM dalepl and he can roll you back to HC.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I had somewhat negative results from the ICS OTA update. The browser would crash many times an hour. I was not satisfied with the overall operation of the tablet. I PM'ed Dalepl to help me roll back to Honeycomb so I could root the device and try one of the experimental ROMs floating around. He was able to help me out totally and now I have installed and tried 2 of the ROMS which are a lot more refined than the ICS OTA update.

Anyone who wants to roll back the ICS update should contact Dalepl for help and stay optimistic about the whole situation. He can help. All you need, once you PM him, is a little patience. He will contact you in due time.

One more thing. make sure that you are using an SD card that is 32 GB or less. The update process does not recognize the larger 64GB SD cards.
    Last edited by franzius; 10-20-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads