• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    8807
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    26
    Liked
    0 times

    Boot loop welcome screen after attempted root

    Im retarded and i think i ran a root tool on my thrive for the wrong update or something. I already got fastboot on there and stuff but when i tried to root it, i ended up in a boot loop. It atart up but would never make it to the lockscreen before it restarted, so I had to restore to factory settings and cleared the cache. Now it will start and get to the welcome screen but nothing i touch will do anything and then the screen will freeze and say "the process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly please try again" then it says force close. I cant touch the force close as it does nothing and it will then reboot itself and repeat the whole process.

    does anyone know what i can do? Maybe applying an update from my SD card would solve the problem?

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    3885
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Peoria AZ
    Posts
    7,845
    Liked
    1295 times
    Just to be clear, what do you see when you power up using the Power and Volume+ buttons? Do you see 3 icons?
    Cheers, Dave

    ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

  4. #3
    Banned
    Member #
    8988
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    625
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    Winhacker_es
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
    Just to be clear, what do you see when you power up using the Power and Volume+ buttons? Do you see 3 icons?
    if you dont see 3 icons, but two, go for warranty

    if you see 3 icons, chose the middle icon and then select instal zip from sd card and select the oom 1.4 0003 from dalepl (which u must download first and place in the root of sd card)


    HAVE FUN!

    Sent from my Toshiba Thrive 32Gb - If it can be hacked, deserves to be hacked

  5. #4
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    8807
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    26
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Winhacker View Post
    if you dont see 3 icons, but two, go for warranty

    if you see 3 icons, chose the middle icon and then select instal zip from sd card and select the oom 1.4 0003 from dalepl (which u must download first and place in the root of sd card)


    HAVE FUN!

    Sent from my Toshiba Thrive 32Gb - If it can be hacked, deserves to be hacked
    Yes I have 3 icons, can you give me a link for the file please?

  6. #5
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    8807
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    26
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
    Just to be clear, what do you see when you power up using the Power and Volume+ buttons? Do you see 3 icons?
    Yes I have 3

  7. #6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    3885
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Peoria AZ
    Posts
    7,845
    Liked
    1295 times
    OK, is this a US Thrive? Paul's ROMs are here and the most recommended ROM is the 0003 OOM Rooted ROM. Be sure to read all the instructions and ask questions if you have any.
    Cheers, Dave

    ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

  8. #7
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    4927
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13,069
    Liked
    1983 times
    Quote Originally Posted by latheb View Post
    Yes I have 3 icons, can you give me a link for the file please?
    If the box with arrow icon starts up ClockWorkMod Recovery, the file needed is in this thread:
    [ROM] DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0003 OOM Rooted ROM (US HC 3.2.1)
    Download the v1.4 ROM and extract the update.zip file to the root directory of the SD card. Place the card in the Thrive, boot into (hopefully) CWM recovery (box with arrow) and follow these instructions, copied from OP:

    1.Power down your device.
    2.Unzip the file and copy the update.zip to the root of your external SD card.
    3.Boot the device into ClockWorkMod Recovery.
    4.Select Install Zip FROM SDCARD.
    5.Select Apply /sdcard/update.zip.
    6.Select YES - Install /sdcard/update.zip.
    7.Watch the ROM install on your device.
    8.When complete, select Go Back.
    9.Select REBOOT SYSTEM NOW.
    10.Once the device boots up, go through the initial setup. I recommend that you do NOT let Google restore your apps, so during setup, uncheck this option.
    11.Once you have completed initial setup and verified the device is operating correctly, you need to verify superuser operation by doing the following:

    1.On the main screen, select APPS.
    2.On the applications screen, select Superuser. It will give you the version info. Close this and you will see a log.
    3.From the Superuser log screen, select the wrench in the upper right corner. This will open the properties view.
    4.On the properties screen, scroll down to SUPERUSER INFO. It should say "Superuser (version number)" and "Su binary (version number)". Tap on "Su binary (version number)". This will open the updater screen and should say "CURRENT VERSION ALREADY INSTALLED. NO ACTION REQUIRED." at the top.
    5.Click on UPDATE ANYWAY at the bottom.
    6.If you get no failures, then you have superuser access on your device and all is good.
    7.If you have a failure, do the su binary update again. It may take a couple of times until it comes back with no failures.


    12.After ensuring you have superuser access, use Titanium Backup to restore your apps or use the Market to reload your apps (one at a time).
    13.Enjoy the ROM.


    DO IT EXACTLY and all should be well....
    ~Dan


    Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

    No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

  9. #8
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    8807
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    26
    Liked
    0 times
    Can i let google restore my apps?As i said before, i erased everything because i had no choice, so i never had a backup to begin with. I never made a backup with titanium backup, so letting google do it is the only way for me to get my stuff back.

  10. #9
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    8807
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    26
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danvee View Post
    If the box with arrow icon starts up ClockWorkMod Recovery, the file needed is in this thread:
    [ROM] DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0003 OOM Rooted ROM (US HC 3.2.1)
    Download the v1.4 ROM and extract the update.zip file to the root directory of the SD card. Place the card in the Thrive, boot into (hopefully) CWM recovery (box with arrow) and follow these instructions, copied from OP:

    1.Power down your device.
    2.Unzip the file and copy the update.zip to the root of your external SD card.
    3.Boot the device into ClockWorkMod Recovery.
    4.Select Install Zip FROM SDCARD.
    5.Select Apply /sdcard/update.zip.
    6.Select YES - Install /sdcard/update.zip.
    7.Watch the ROM install on your device.
    8.When complete, select Go Back.
    9.Select REBOOT SYSTEM NOW.
    10.Once the device boots up, go through the initial setup. I recommend that you do NOT let Google restore your apps, so during setup, uncheck this option.
    11.Once you have completed initial setup and verified the device is operating correctly, you need to verify superuser operation by doing the following:

    1.On the main screen, select APPS.
    2.On the applications screen, select Superuser. It will give you the version info. Close this and you will see a log.
    3.From the Superuser log screen, select the wrench in the upper right corner. This will open the properties view.
    4.On the properties screen, scroll down to SUPERUSER INFO. It should say "Superuser (version number)" and "Su binary (version number)". Tap on "Su binary (version number)". This will open the updater screen and should say "CURRENT VERSION ALREADY INSTALLED. NO ACTION REQUIRED." at the top.
    5.Click on UPDATE ANYWAY at the bottom.
    6.If you get no failures, then you have superuser access on your device and all is good.
    7.If you have a failure, do the su binary update again. It may take a couple of times until it comes back with no failures.


    12.After ensuring you have superuser access, use Titanium Backup to restore your apps or use the Market to reload your apps (one at a time).
    13.Enjoy the ROM.


    DO IT EXACTLY and all should be well....
    I dont think i have clockwork mod, at the top of the recovery thing it says android system recovery utility.
    I tried to apply update from external storage and then selected the file you just linked me to, but it said "signature verification failed installation aborted"

    My device is not rooted, as it started to boot loop in the middle of the rooting process

  11. #10
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    8807
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    26
    Liked
    0 times
    I have 3 icons: a USB picture, a box with an arrow coming out of it, and a picture of andy that says android underneath it


 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

android goes to home screen then bootloop
,

apply update from external storage

,
atrix 2 boot looping after drop
,
backup looping thrive
,
boot loop android toshiba thrive
,
boot thrive from external
,
bootloop root
,
clockworkmod recovery signature verification failed on droid razr
,
login screen loops unless you login as root
,
rooted incredible 2 boot loop
,
signature validation failed un toshiba thrive
,
thrive boot loop
,

toshiba thrive apply update from external storage

,
toshiba thrive script root restart loop
,
where can i find toshiba welcome screen
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.