• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Replacement Screen

Hi,

I dropped my Thrive by mistake today and when I picked it up, there was a huge crack..
    I'd like to know where I can get a replacement screen - I checked on eBay and they did have a few listings - toshiba thrive screen | eBay.

I'm not sure whether I should order from here or if I can get a replacement from Toshiba itself. The problem is, I don't live in the US and they don't sell Toshiba doesn't sell the Thrive in my country. I'm fine with paying the customs and stuff. I stay in India but I'm also fine with shipping the part to Australia [they sell the Thrive there Press Release :: Toshiba :: Computers, Laptops/Notebooks, Tablets, Televisions, DVD and Blu-Ray Players, Camcorders, Storage, Accessories, and more] Please help.

thanks!
    Arnav

2. Ads

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    You cracked the capacitive glass screen, not the LCD screen. The listing on eBay you linked is for the LCD screen, which won't help you here. I've recently cracked my screen as well and ordered a replacement from impactcomputers.com for the entire top case assembly (Toshiba Thrive AT105-T108 Tablet Top Case Assembly - H000036130). Not sure if they ship internationally or not and it seems that they're currently out of stock as I am still waiting for a replacement for the defective one they originally sent me.
    Running an Excite 10 (AT 300)

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Well, it turns out that Impact Computers is completely out of stock and have no idea when their stock will be replenished. They canceled my order

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    fyi I went to the link kadius offered to get the top case assembly and it says they have 121 in stock. you may be able to order it now.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Well, considering they're almost as expensive as a refurbished Thrive, I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on one of these.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I would suggest you sell it on eBay. For me personally i would never consider it but i saw it on auction some people will buy it you might get up to $100-150 depend on internal memory.

send from thrive favum 1.1d using tapatalk

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ponghclub View Post
    I would suggest you sell it on eBay. For me personally i would never consider it but i saw it on auction some people will buy it you might get up to $100-150 depend on internal memory.

Not sure if you were talking to me, but I doubt that my Thrive would get anymore than $50 on eBay or elsewhere. Take a look: Well...this sucks...

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kadius View Post
    Not sure if you were talking to me, but I doubt that my Thrive would get anymore than $50 on eBay or elsewhere. Take a look: Well...this sucks...
    It's not matter the screen crack but if it still function....for 16gb it sell for $100. I bought my thrive 16gb off eBay i saw alot of crazy thing then.

Last edited by ponghclub; 07-01-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Well, I bit the bullet and ordered the screen again from Impact. This time it's a good one! Got it installed and it works beautifully. Only thing is that it was near impossible to get the glass completely clean on the inside. Got some smudges that wouldn't rub out, but they are very inconspicuous and out of the way

Remove Ads

Ads