• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Factory Reset

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Factory Reset

Hey guys, I am having a lot of problems with my thrive, basically installing apps and add on content (such as maps for GPS etc) and I always get an error saying that there is not enough space on my tablet. (which there clearly is) I have a 16gig toshiba thrive, all updated. I have about 6 gigs lefts (so it says) and I still get these errors. Now, I want to factory reset my thrive hoping that will fix the problem. My main question is, will it erase all my saved game data? such as C.H.A.O.S? and SAS Zombie assault, etc. Im pretty far in both and DO NOT want to loose my state. If any one can help It would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron
    idevi.net

2. Ads

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I think your best bet is to root using this [Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool and installing titanium backup and backup your apps and data. Then load this [ROM] DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0003 OOM Rooted ROM (US HC 3.2.1). Smooth as butter. This will wipe everything so do a nandroid backup after you root as the tool will install clockworkmod recovery and can do a backup of your current rom from there. Hope this helps.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1797 times
    First off, Welcome Aaron!

Second, yes, a factory reset will return the Thrive to Out Of Box state.
    In theory you MIGHT be able to copy all of the game data to an SD card and copy them back later, but, as I don't really do any gaming myself, I'll leave it to the more experienced members for that.
    The space it's referring to is most likely App space, not Data space.
    I have over 376 apps installed on my 8G Thrive, and still have slighty <1G space available. Admittedly, only 20% are games, and I have no maps cached to memory.
    You might want to consider uninstalling least-used apps, or take the plunge and root your Thrive (many, many, many threads about that-search is your friend) and install one of the Dalenet ROMs, which allow you to uninstall a number of the "factory" apps. Downside is that you will effectively be doing a reset when you install these ROMs.

There are some file manager apps that allow an unrooted device to back up apps, like AppMonster:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nie.appmanager

but it's unclear if it'll back up the data, as it seems that the apps that DO back up data require rooting.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    You also should look settings/applications/storage use/see # is left an right corners.This is the space you have to install apps,data,etc on internal card which is set by Toshiba @ 3 gig's.If that space is full can't stall anymore you will have to unistall some things.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    JB-cm10-Kuroikaze Shinka b-21 Rom & tweaked w/pimp my rom

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thank you all for your replies, I do not wish to root my tablet, only because I don't want to mess it up. I've had nothing but back luck in the past with rooting android devices. although I am quit experienced with jailbreaking, I will stick with that. I will factory reset and hope all goes well. I also read somewhere that thrives do not allow app to sd, is that true?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1797 times
    The latest versions of HC used on the Thrive do not allow app2sd function. We're hoping that the version of ICS that we (might) get will correct that.
    There is one custom ROM that reinstates that, but if you don't want to root, that avenue is closed.
    Probably just better to delete unneeded apps and clear any/all caches to gain more space.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Ads