• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Won't wake up out of Sleep Mode.

I have set the tablet to go to sleep after 30 minutes. After it goes to sleep if I press the power button right away it will wake up, but if I wait longer then about 5 minutes the tablet will no longer wake up. I have to hold down the power button until it turns off and then hold down the power button again until it turns back on. Is this normal or is it malfunctioning? Thanks for your help and time!

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    404 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Apota View Post
    Is this normal or is it malfunctioning?
    How did you miss (when you searched) all the existing threads and posts discussing this / saying it's not normal? There are people almost rioting here. There are also two known workarounds as well (doesn't work for some). I'll leave you to find those threads (very easy) and Toshiba is already aware / working on a fix. You may find your questions answered better if you post to existing threads.
    Last edited by epakrat75; 07-19-2011 at 05:58 PM.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    This issuwe is so known that Toshiba has now came out in public about it and said they are working on it. Please read the other threads.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I read this somewhere did it and since havent had a problem, may work for you....

Pop the back out and take the battery out, plug in the charger and turn on with out the battery on once on replace battery and restart afterwards.... Hope it works for you...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Happy to have received a return authorization code today from Office Depot. Thrive problems to much to overcome

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    404 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dleuschen View Post
    thrive problems to much to overcome
    That's funny!

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks so much for the information. So, once you turn it on with the battery out, and you put the battery back in. Do you put the battery back in with it turned on with plugged into the A/C or do you turn the Thrive off first before you put the battery back in?

Have you heard of the fix yet for the Thrive constantly rebooting by itself? I'm not even using it and it's constantly rebooting. That's what is bothering me the most. Has Toshiba admitted to this problem too? When I called them then didn't admit to the sleep problem or the rebooting problem. They said that my Thrive was defective and to send it back for replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR.Ramirez View Post
    I read this somewhere did it and since havent had a problem, may work for you....

Pop the back out and take the battery out, plug in the charger and turn on with out the battery on once on replace battery and restart afterwards.... Hope it works for you...

Remove Ads

Ads