• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Headphone Jack Broken

I got the Intuit GoPayment credit card swipe devise to accept credit cards on my TT for my business. Due to the design of both the credit card swipe device and the TT I was informed by Intuit that I would have to buy a headphone extender. When I purchased it, it didn't work, I then realized that I would have to use a microphone extender. Well I went to radio shack and tried a few out and I think I must have done something to the headphone jack on my TT because now no headphones will stay in the headphones jack. I called Toshiba and they said that I have to send it in for repair. First, is there a way that I can repair it without sending it in? Second, my device is rooted, how to I return it to factory settings? I purchased it in November 2011 at Best Buy, I'm wondering if I can do the ole switch. I guess I'm just looking for some advice.

2. Ads

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    This is what I would do.First I would try the best buy route see if they would do anything for you? If you have go the Toshiba route go to roms forums and flash a full stock rom just to cover yourself sending unit to Toshiba.Just so you don't get a guy who got up on the wrong side of the bed and voids your warrenty.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    JB-cm10-Kuroikaze Shinka b-21 Rom & tweaked w/pimp my rom

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    do you still have sound out of your speakers? you could try and pull both battery's for a few minutes and put them back in and see if not you will have to send it in for repair.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    you could replace the jack by finding a similar one on ebay or somewhere that sells them tear the monitor apart and solder the new one in depending on whether the monitor comes apart easily, it might be really cheap to fix.
    Last edited by mcarver2000; 05-11-2012 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Removed signature in violation of forum's Guidelines.

Ads