• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Cannot download anything anymore help!

Hey folks i bougth the thrive last thanksgiving. But last week or so i for some reason could not download anything off the internet. I mean nothing, images, pdf, document, ect. please help! i rooted my thrive, 31.5.0002. idk whats wrong.

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1928 times
    You need to provide more info. Do you get an error? What does the device do? Are you able to browse the WEB? Are still getting email?
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

- Click Here to Support My Work -

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    yes i can browse and download from the market, and i can browse the web but cant download anything from it.if i try to dowload it says (in progess and then failed) back and forth repeatedly in the download tab. i am still getting emails. i found somewhere it said i had to reset it to factroy setting but i rather not all my apps and data will delete.

thank you for helping!

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1928 times
    The first thing I would do is try your Thrive on another network. What that will do is verify that it is not a problem with your router blocking anything. The other thing that might be the issue is space. You can go into recovery and clear your cache.
    My Development
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I cleared the cache from recovery, but same problem. I have a lot of space left on my thrive however it still will not let me download any files from the web. I went to a friends house and it did not work there as well.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1928 times
    Have you tried a different browser? You might go in and clear the data for the browser.
    My Development

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    887 times
    Which browser are you using. Is this also the case if you use a different browser? If you are using a browser where you specify the download location, is it a valid folder and mount point?
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well I figured out that I dont have as much of space I thought I did, when I went to File Manager its shows me that I only have 2.63Gb of total internal storage and had only 200mb available. But when I go to the settings under storage it tells me i have 7.47Gb of total internal storage and i have 3Gb still available. What? which am I suppose to look at?

I am using the browser that came installed with thrive, just wondering is there a better Browser?

Thanks Again guys for the help

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    887 times
    It is very confusing indeed. I think File Manager indicates free user storage, while Settings - Storage includes app space (of which there should be a total of 2.9GB allotted). You may be nearing the limit for data storage. If you have an external SD card, the Dolphin Browser will let you set that for your downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrivin_2012 View Post
    Well I figured out that I dont have as much of space I thought I did, when I went to File Manager its shows me that I only have 2.63Gb of total internal storage and had only 200mb available. But when I go to the settings under storage it tells me i have 7.47Gb of total internal storage and i have 3Gb still available. What? which am I suppose to look at?

I am using the browser that came installed with thrive, just wondering is there a better Browser?

Thanks Again guys for the help
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you I will get dolphin browser! You guys were great help thanks again.

Ads