• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Butcher_Bob

Thread: setting wallpapers from gallery gets cropped poorly

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times

setting wallpapers from gallery gets cropped poorly

I have been wonder why the gallery crops my saved wall papers when I try to set a new wallpaper.

I use tablet wallpaper app, when Im in the app, find a pic that I want as my wallpaper and hit "set wallpaper" from within the app the picture does not get cropped and looks same.
    When I find a pic in tablet wallpaper app, hit save then go into the gallery and hit set as wallpaper, the gallery crops the hell out of picture and looks like crap

This makes no sense to me, its the same picture

Is this a issue with everyone? or is there a setting I am missing?

Thanks for your thoughts

Hitch

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    404 times
    If you had searched the forums for "wallpaper" before posting you may have found this (among other potentially helpful existing threads)...

Setting photos as wallpaper

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    404 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitch_Itch
    Thanks. The op of the link you posted talks about "photo's" being cropped. Yes you could say all pictures are "photo's" but when someone types "photo's" they usually mean a picture that was taken with the on board camera not picture that came from a wallpaper app that supposedly is already properly formatted to fit a tablet. and a properly formatted picture would not require cropping.

It would seem to me you have jumped the gun with your post, never mind the fact you have closed the thread. I can look through all threads in this forum and show you there are tons of topics that have similar questions, yet you have not closed them. Whats your beef? Dont take it out on me if your having a bad day.

Hitch
    Thread re-opened. I am but one moderator and I certainly don't see ALL such threads but I saw yours. I have no beef with you nor am I having a bad day. I'm sorry you took my actions personally. You appear to have assumed I closed the thread out of spite, malice, etc towards you which is simply not the case. Just a simple misunderstanding is all. Please try to be more civil in your dealings with the staff in the future. We'll all get along then. We're nearly all volunteers (who make mistakes) just trying to keep the forums tidy.
    Last edited by epakrat75; 08-25-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Thank you for your reconsideration.
    Agreed, "Just a simple misunderstanding is all"
    "We're nearly all volunteers" and I appreciate what you do.

It just doesn't make sense to me why the gallery tries to crop a properly formatted/sized picture.
    I see some people have had success using the multi picture app. I will give that a try, but Im still hoping someone get clarify the method to the gallery crop madness

Thank you

Hitch

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    +1 on multipicture. You can also check out Wallpaper Wizardrii.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by batfish View Post
    +1 on multipicture. You can also check out Wallpaper Wizardrii.
    Thanks Batfish, I will look into that as well

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

How to use full photos as wallpaper on Toshiba Thrive

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch_Itch View Post
    I have been wonder why the gallery crops my saved wall papers when I try to set a new wallpaper.

I use tablet wallpaper app, when Im in the app, find a pic that I want as my wallpaper and hit "set wallpaper" from within the app the picture does not get cropped and looks same.
    When I find a pic in tablet wallpaper app, hit save then go into the gallery and hit set as wallpaper, the gallery crops the hell out of picture and looks like crap

This makes no sense to me, its the same picture

Is this a issue with everyone? or is there a setting I am missing?

Thanks for your thoughts

Hitch
    Butcher_Bob is here to help all of you having issues or problems saving your
    Full photos as wallpaper on the Toshiba Thrive. The best size to save them
    is 1280x752 OK all u need is go to the play store search for Go multiple wallpaper
    this app is used with go launcher but you do not need it, now that you downloaded it,
    hold finger on to screen tap live wallpapers then tap go multiple wallpaper it may come
    up asking to install go launcher but just tap cancel then just choose or add your
    photos then tap apply that's it. Here is a good site for wallpaper and just under the pic
    Tap on your resolution. http://www.avto.goodfon.com/chevrole...er-360814.html
    Happy to help remember Toshiba Thrive.
    Last edited by Butcher_Bob; 08-30-2013 at 04:47 PM.
    Hitch_Itch likes this.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher_Bob View Post
    Butcher_Bob is here to help all of you having issues or problems saving your
    Full photos as wallpaper on the Toshiba Thrive. The best 2 sizes to save them
    is 1920x1408 and 1920x1280 OK all u need is go to the play store search for
    Go multiple wallpaper this app is used with go launcher but you do not need it
    Now that you downloaded it, hold finger on to screen tap live wallpapers then
    tap go multiple wallpaper choose or add your photos then tap apply that's it.
    Happy to help remember Toshiba Thrive.
    Thanks Bob,
    I will check it out later

Ken

Remove Ads

Ads