• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation No sound in comedy central website, please help!

When I visited COMEDY CENTRAL website to test and try my new Thrive, I noticed there was no Icon to control volume, and therefore, there was no sound.
    When I contacted Toshiba Tech Support, they simply said there were limitations on tablet and no solution.
    Can anybody give me some assistance on this regard? Toshiba Thrive is brand new, I juts got it from Amazon.
    I do not want to return this device just yet, it has many advantages for my work but...
    I assume there may some solution for this issue
    Please advise ASAP!

Thanks guys!
    alfonso_tobar@yahoo.com

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    I tried comedy central on 3 different browsers, and could not get sound. All other websites are fine. I tried YouTube anda few other sites, and the sound is fine everywhere else, so it appears to be a problem on comedy central's website...probably a temporary technical problem. It's not a Thrive problem. It's ridiculous the things "support" people come up with sometimes. You were right to come here when you have a problem.

Did you try other music or video sites ? Do you get sound on those sites? Please give it a try and then let us know.

By the way, welcome to the forum. This is THE place to come with questions about your Toshiba Thrive
    Last edited by rosalie; 03-15-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Just tried on Maxthon and Dolphin browsers and they both worked fine.
    Maybe they fixed it.

Dan

sent from my hot-modded Toshiba Thrive
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    okay, here's what I found when i went back and tried several videos and clips. With some of the video clips the sound starts automatically when the video starts. On others, when the video first comes up there is a speaker icon in the upper right corner that is red click on it and it turns white and the sound comes on.

EDIT: aaaannnnd...now ALL the vids are playing with sound,and the speaker icons are all white when the video starts, without having to click them, so now everything on the site appears to be working
    Last edited by rosalie; 03-15-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalie View Post
    okay, here's what I found when i went back and tried several videos and clips. With some of the video clips the sound starts automatically when the video starts. On others, when the video first comes up there is a speaker icon in the upper right corner that is red click on it and it turns white and the sound comes on.

EDIT: aaaannnnd...now ALL the vids are playing with sound,and the speaker icons are all white when the video starts, without having to click them, so now everything on the site appears to be working
    What we used to call a "magic finger fix".

Glad that it's wrking for you now.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    ill have to check it out.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The solution is simple but counterintuitive.
    I remember seeing a red little speaker icon on the upper right side of the carousel (slideshow like applet at their home page). It used to turn the sound on when clicked on it.
    For some peculiar reason the carousel does not always show this icon but it is there. If you go to that location, you will notice that the pointer changes to hand. This is where the ghost speaker icon is hiding. Click on it once, DO NOT close your browser, go directly to the clip that you want to watch. Most probably you will be able to do so with proper sound.

This method works in the described way in IE. In Chrome, the pointer does not change. It is pointing finger throughout. You may have to try a few times. The ghost icon is about 1/2" from the edges of right top corner (at my 20" screen). This may vary depending on your screen size. I did not try this method with other browsers.

Remove Ads

Ads