• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Lifespan of the Toshiba Thrive

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    fabian5003

Question Lifespan of the Toshiba Thrive

Hello. I would like to know what's the lifespan of the Toshiba Thrive, I mean, I have one, and before buying it, I read several reviews about cracked screens, the well-known sleep issue, the green screen on Skype, the screen falling apart. I have it since two days ago, and I purchased it being aware of all this issues.

So my question is, how long would you expect this tablet will last? Also, I'd like to know if any of you guys have dropped it on the floor, for how long have you had it and all those sort of helpful comments about the Thrive's resistance.

Thanks!
    Last edited by fabian5003; 03-07-2012 at 09:55 AM.

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    You know I've actually dropped mine and so far have had no issues.I think its the same with anything, there will be a percentage with quality issues, and that's a statistical game. I have since put my thrive in the Toshiba protective portfolio and is even safer now.the main issue is the hit or miss customer support that Toshiba has.I personally think they have put out a very great product, but their customer support could use some work.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilgediver View Post
    You know I've actually dropped mine and so far have had no issues.I think its the same with anything, there will be a percentage with quality issues, and that's a statistical game. I have since put my thrive in the Toshiba protective portfolio and is even safer now.the main issue is the hit or miss customer support that Toshiba has.I personally think they have put out a very great product, but their customer support could use some work.
    OT, but are you in port for a few days? Where?
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Lol in my home away from home in the Med, Souda Bay, a NATO fueling station on the Island of Crete.

Interestingly enough, with my Sim card, I can actually hey online when were underway sometimes.

Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've had mine for about 3 months and Best Buy just sent it to wherever they send things because the battery no longer charges. Other than that, no problems.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    MN_WolvesGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by fabian5003 View Post
    Hello. I would like to know what's the lifespan of the Toshiba Thrive, I mean, I have one, and before buying it, I read several reviews about cracked screens, the well-known sleep issue, the green screen on Skype, the screen falling apart. I have it since two days ago, and I purchased it being aware of all this issues.

So my question is, how long would you expect this tablet will last? Also, I'd like to know if any of you guys have dropped it on the floor, for how long have you had it and all those sort of helpful comments about the Thrive's resistance.

Thanks!
    I dropped mine (which is in a nice leather tri-fold case) so as it dropped, the screen hit this headset base at work... And it hit hard. No damage done to my device or invisishield protector. I've had it since December and love it

Sent from my Energized HTC Amaze using Tapatalk / xda-premium
    Attached Images Attached Images

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    i hope the thrive will last for years.but a lot of peoples will go with the newer tech before the thrive dies.there has been a couple post that one had knocked it off the table on hardwood hit on the edge of it with no damage.another said a kid droped it and landed on the screen and craccked it.i think it perty durable.

Taz
    Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Lol in my home away from home in the Med, Souda Bay, a NATO fueling station on the Island of Crete.
    Bilgediver: Are the German cafe (Bavarian breakfast!) and the wood paneled beer house still in Hania? Haven't been there since 1997.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    I have no idea, where in Chania is it? Really now all I do out in town is recharge my prepay broadband SIM card. You really don't know how addicting constant internet access its until you don't have it.

jorge505 likes this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    fabian5003

Statistical game, I love that phrase. It's exactly the reason why I decided to buy it. Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads