• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Lifespan of the Toshiba Thrive

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    fabian5003
    Quote Originally Posted by fabian5003 View Post
    Hello. I would like to know what's the lifespan of the Toshiba Thrive, I mean, I have one, and before buying it, I read several reviews about cracked screens, the well-known sleep issue, the green screen on Skype, the screen falling apart. I have it since two days ago, and I purchased it being aware of all this issues.

So my question is, how long would you expect this tablet will last? Also, I'd like to know if any of you guys have dropped it on the floor, for how long have you had it and all those sort of helpful comments about the Thrive's resistance.

Thanks!
    I want to update this thread. I've had the Toshiba Thrive for over four years and it's still going, the screen is perfect (other than some minor scratches), the battery life is still pretty good. I use it every day to read comics and stuff. Along with my Kindle one of the best buys ever!

Thank you guys for all your help these past years, even if my tablet breaks down tomorrow, I will be pretty pretty happy because it has lasted this long. It is my first and only tablet, and it saddens me to think that I would never find another device that lasts this much.
    TheMeddlingMonk likes this.

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Mine still works and has reasonable battery life. Purchased February 2012. Don't use it all that much these days, though.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    October 2011 - still works, used daily, recharged daily.
    Some files I have indicate it was early Oct.2011.
    Last edited by ttmoo; 01-13-2017 at 06:46 PM.
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Have two. Bought first new in 2011 and the second as used in 2013....It 's age is about that time frame also. Always used a carrying case for both. One has been to Egypt, Turkey and Hawaii as well as Canada numerous times. No broken parts. The stock browser gives me a few problems so when that happens I go to Chrome. I have two additional replacement batteries on hand. Only one original battery has finally "failed" will only hold 50% charge dispute my attempts to discharge totally and then charge for 24 hours.
    Running a stock 16 GB Thrive with ICS and a 32 GB Thrive with ICS. Haven't found courage to hack one or the other.
    I also have (my wife thinks its hers) an Excite 7.7 with ICS @16 gigs and a 32 gig micro sandisk SD card

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Ads