• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Lifespan of the Toshiba Thrive

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    fabian5003
    Quote Originally Posted by GlacierGuy View Post
    I dropped mine (which is in a nice leather tri-fold case) so as it dropped, the screen hit this headset base at work... And it hit hard. No damage done to my device or invisishield protector. I've had it since December and love it

Sent from my Energized HTC Amaze using Tapatalk / xda-premium
    Wow! That's the kind of incidents I was looking for! It's good to know it seems durable, thanks!

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have had mine for 5 months now and it does everyting I want it to do and is stable and not fragile. Make sure you get a case and protect the screen. By the way Bilgedriver it is good to hear from you every once in a while. Be safe and God Bless

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    fabian5003
    Quote Originally Posted by tenntrains View Post
    I have had mine for 5 months now and it does everyting I want it to do and is stable and not fragile. Make sure you get a case and protect the screen. By the way Bilgedriver it is good to hear from you every once in a while. Be safe and God Bless
    Hey, what case would you recommend to me? The original case with the metallic corners or the Poetic Slimbook case?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fabian5003 View Post
    Hey, what case would you recommend to me? The original case with the metalic corners or the Poetic Slimbook case?
    I have the "Moko Folding Cover Case With Stand" When open, it can be folded back into a stand, and when closed the screen is covered . I use it for business because it's very simple and "business looking," but even with that flap covering the screen, if the tablet hit the floor screen side down I don't think there'd be much protection. Better than nothing though.

For at home, where I use the Thrive most, and have dogs that jump around and kids visiting running around sometimes knocking things over, I use the Bobj Silicone Case. It was designed by Bobj, one of our forum members. It's thick protective silicone, not the thin things you normally see. Even if the tablet fell face down flat, the thick, rounded edges of the case would keep the screen from hitting the floor. Here's a link to the sitebobjgear.com
    Last edited by rosalie; 03-07-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Yes, I believe it is pretty durable, but I do try to handle mine carefully. I am always looking at cases, to see if the next thing that comes on the market is better than what I already have. I have only dropped a short distance once--no issues...

I want it to last a couple of years at least (I figure by that time I will be looking for the next big thing: The Toshiba Conquer, which will be the updated version of the 10" Thrive. Yes, I have already given it a name...in my mind, it is basically, Thrive 3.0 )
    Ahhh...I have joined the ROOTED side of the Force...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    OMG...read the first post in this thread. Durable If the Thrive screen survived that it MUST be durable

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    275 times
    Dropped mine twice without a case, the tank still hasn't faltered. I've had mine since July '11 and still going strong. Battery still holds a charge left on for about 4 - 5 days with minor use. 1-2 days with major use. I just keep letting it wear the battery down to 4-5 % before recharging it up to 100%

I hope and suspect I'll have this bad for a few years before they manage to pry it from my hands.
    Toshiba Thrive 10" - CynagenMod 10 "Convoluted Crocodile U3"
    Motorola Atrix 2 (ICS) - Stock
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Windows 8 Pro 64bit

Retired
    Ubuntu 12.04 32bit
    Kumbuntu 11.11 32bit
    Windows 8 RC 32bit

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    404 times
    Haven't dropped it yet. Dec. 11, I have a five year old Granddaughter that bangs it a few times while we play games and it keeps on ticking. just like the engineered Bunny. David hands are glued to his THRIVE and his hasn't seen the floor yet either. THRIVE ON ! We both have the silicone Bobjgear. So our THRIVE are dress to impress
    fabian5003 likes this.
    Cheers, Jeanette ,
    "I am strong. I am invincible. I am redhead

AT100
    Rooted (DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0002 )

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    fabian5003
    Thanks to everyone for these answers, I feel more confident now. I already ordered the Mojo case, $22.99 on Amazon, It has some really good reviews.

I found the first problem, the battery only lasts 6 hours, with Wi-Fi on around 70% of the time, is this bad? I've heard it should last at least 9 hours.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    You might be able to squeeze more out of it, but that's pretty much my experience, with heavy use I've squeezed out around 6 hours of usage. That's the tradeoff of a removable battery, space is taken up on the packaging that could be used to make it a higher capacity....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    fabian5003 likes this.
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads