• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Gotta Love Remote Desktop!!!

I'm a controls engineer and work on the controls programming for the conveyors and sorters in distribution centers. My employer provides me with a notebook PC, which currently is a Lenovo with a huge monitor. To do my job I have to lug that thing around while I test each device on the system for correct operation, including up and down ladders, etc. I swear that computer must weigh close to 10 pounds

Last week I was at a job site, and took my Thrive along - mainly to play with in my hotel in the evening. One day I had a brainstorm and downloaded an RDC/VNC app, and logged in to my PC, which, in turn, was logged in to the system controller over the plant wireless. I could then walk around carrying my Thrive, and run my PC remotely! Pretty cool!

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Yes, isn't technolgy grand.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I design control systems for packaging machinery and I've been using the technology for years. I use to carry my Pocket PC running a VNC program connected to my laptop so I could walk around the machine and flag sensors and see the I/O table in the PLC. I love technology and the problems it solves. I won't mention the problems it causes sometimes.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Which app are you using? I'm a control engineer myself and have thought about this many times when lugging a laptop around.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    SplashTop Remote HD is an awesome tool too -- seems to mirror your PC's display well enough with video or gameplay not affected.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bgilbert73 View Post
    SplashTop Remote HD is an awesome tool too -- seems to mirror your PC's display well enough with video or gameplay not affected.
    It is not only awesome, it is the best remote desktop solution available right now. Only weekness is missing encryption but for that i got the vpn once i am not at home.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I use 2X client (searchable via market) which supports RDP. Works well for my Epic 4G phone and Thrive. Best of all its free and no ads either. Virtual mouse works pretty well.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them out!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I use Techinline, the best relation of price and reliability. I’m the owner of a small IT helpdesk service so my business is actually based on the remote dekstop software. So I was choosing my main tool with accuracy. Logmein and Teamviewer gained great reputation but their prices are unreasonably high in my opinion.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snipe View Post
    It is not only awesome, it is the best remote desktop solution available right now. Only weekness is missing encryption but for that i got the vpn once i am not at home.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk
    I really like the Splashtop app on my home network. At the risk of asking a dumb question... what is "vpn"? Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads