• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: [Observation] PLEASE EVERYONE READ

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times

Exclamation [Observation] PLEASE EVERYONE READ

OK people. I have a few incidents of individuals loading the wrong ROM on their device. I am posting this to ask all of you to please read the OPs carefully. A lot of the issues people are having are self-induced. I know you all get excited about the development that is being offered to you, but you must please do your part. Here are a few items I have seen:
    1. People are loading a Thrive 10.1" ROM on a Thrive 7" tablet. Although they look alike (other than size), they are quite different and the ROMs are NOT interchangeable. If you have a Thrive 10.1" tablet, please do NOT try any of the items in the Thrive 7" tablet section. I will post tools in each section separately.
    2. People are loading a Thrive 7" ROM on a Thrive 10.1" tablet. Same as number one. They are NOT interchangeable. Best bet is to stay out of the Thrive 10.1" tablet development and ROM sections. Same goes for the Thrive 10.1" owners, it is best to stay out of the Thrive 7" development and ROM section.
    3. People continue to copy the ROM files they download to their SDcard. All my development files require to be unzipped. The update.zip file is located inside the files you download. I do this so I can put a good name on the file and provide a readme file. Bottom line, read the instructions on the OP. I do NOT put the instructions there for me.
    4. People are NOT reading warnings that are posted. In the general sections of the forum, I have posted several warning posts. They are important. I also post warnings on my posts for the tools and ROMs. Again, they are NOT for me. Please read them. They are important. I really hate to hear a person has bricked their device. Especially if it could have been avoided if they had just done a little reading first.
    So, even if you feel comfortable rooting your phone, you need to read carefully. The tablet is NOT the same as your phone. A lot of the items are the same, but rooting this tablet is NOT the same as rooting your phone. Read all the instructions. Then read them again. Be sure you understand everything. I always list out what my tools do, so in most cases, your questions can be answered in the OP. If someone sees an issue, please tell me. I have updated my posts from input from you guys. As most of you know, this is a very friendly site and we have no problems helping out. Things do not always go as they should, but we need you to also do your part. Study a little about the procedure you want to do. Read through the posts. If you still do not understand or get stuck, then please ask. Do NOT dive into something if you are uncertain.

I will say this for the benefit of those new members that have had a bad experience on other sites. THIS IS NOT LIKE OTHER SITES! We will NOT flame you for asking a question. If you get flamed by a member, be assured that member will be told to cool it. You do NOT have a dumb question. We have all been noobs. Helping out a member is a good thing. If you get corrected by a member, do NOT take it as a personal attack. Do NOT personally attack an individual if they say something that is wrong. Lets keep this the great site it is. It is growing fast and as it should. I like the fact that I have read a member say that Toshiba Customer Service pointed him to us. That tells you we are doing it right. We will try and help you fix any issue you may have, but remember, we are not miracle workers. We cannot control what the app developers do. Also, please do not come here and start bashing Toshiba. They do not control all the issues either. I too wish we could get more timely info out of them, but most issues people are having are not hardware issues. Most of the issues are coming from bad phone apps being loaded on the tablet.

Anyway, please have fun with the device and enjoy the work we do here. I am always here to help if I can. Be patient, I help a lot of people and cannot get to all of you at once. I will get to you. Sometimes I do get lost in all the messages, so if I have not responded to you in one or two days, please PM me again. I probably got side tracked. Thank you for all your support and do not apologize to me for asking questions. That is the only way you will learn.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

2. Ads

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Oklahoma but lived most of my adult life in New York City.
    Liked
    40 times
    Before I got my thrive I had a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (a truly beautiful tablet in its own right)! I realized it did NOT have the kind of productivity that i need (it really lacks any expandability and adding ports get really expesive really quickly)! I was part of the Samsung 10.1 forum for a few months and somtimes even the moderators could be sharp with noobs!

I can vouch for the OPs and Moderator here; they have been superb (especially dalepl)! From day one they were helpful! They are considerate and willing to go slow; understanding that not everyone is up to speed with tablet and Android. That is worth its weight in gold. I feel very confident that if I wanted to root (and I'm still debating it) I will know that they will be as helpful as they can!

We are all luck to have such great people on this forum and having experience not so great people elsewhere I know I really do appreciate it!

Al
    neiljwd, darkron9 and TabletFreak like this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i concur with Al.

This site is the best for all your support needs and direction, but you must read thoroughly all files before proceeding. When in doubt, request assistance and be a little patient. The support staff is exceptional and dedicated as you will see when you read the responses.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Had my 16 gig Thrive for about three weeks. Realized from the first I would need to root it. Took about four tries to get it do. My problem was with getting the GPS lock. Even thought I live in on an open knoll in the SWestern desert in the end I had to give it what seems like a long time (between 5-10 mins) Thanksto get a lock that would let the HTK55D.31.5.0002 Rooted Tool proceed. From then on- piece of cake. Thanks Dalepi, you do good work

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Thanks. Glad you got it.
    Kyogre likes this.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i have not really posted, i also made some mistakes. mostly was installing toshibas update.
    anyway rooted now on 3.2.1. im an old school linux and bsd user. toying as root with stuff you dont know or are not sure about is not a good idea. this is especially withtablets as there is just no diy unbricking. ask questions and by all means do not just try random commands off of forums.

also try checking out the linux man pages

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Lol,a Tosh customer rep pointed to these forums to help someone out? That's priceless!

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    As one of the more "mature" pc user (think commodore 64) but a total Android noob, I find this forum great! I rooted my Thrive by following dalepl's directions with absolutely no problems. I have had fun and learned a lot by flashing and trying every rom or mod as they have been completed. All the devs here are as helpful as one could expect. I only wish I knew enough to be one of them! Thanks to all!

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilgediver View Post
    Lol,a Tosh customer rep pointed to these forums to help someone out? That's priceless!

Haha, I agree with you there! As it is, I point people to these forums as much as I can. I used to frequent androidforums.com, but the wuestions were ALWAYS the same, we had like 8 different threads going in the all things root section of the Huawei M835 that were pretty much the same thing... because people didn't READ... so then I found this forum and have pretty much given up on the androidforums.com place, lol.
    Out there is a new world! Out there is victory! Out there.... is our DESTINY!
    - C.L.U/Kevin Flynn(Tron: Legacy)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    im super new..i dont even know if i even know how to see if someone responds...but i just ordered a thrive, now reading all this stuff got me scared.. what in the world is rooting? will i need to do that with mines? what exactly is rooting? i think i just bought something thats over my head

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads