• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times

Plus icon in the upper right hand corner.

Ok, being an android noob still I would like to get the most out pf this device. I have no idea what's going on when I press that plus symbol except a bunch of new things show ip in a new menu at the bottom half of the screen. If there is someplace that is an "android for dummies" type of place please direct me!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. Ads

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    It's for adding stuff to your home screens. You can add wallpapers, widgets, etc. That's the extra stuff on the bottom...choices to add to the home screen.

I'm not aware of any "for dummies" site. Sorry.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1952 times

Plus?

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Ok, being an android noob still I would like to get the most out pf this device. I have no idea what's going on when I press that plus symbol except a bunch of new things show ip in a new menu at the bottom half of the screen. If there is someplace that is an "android for dummies" type of place please direct me!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Dude. This is beyond beeing a noob question. Prepare to plant face in both hands. That plus sign is what you press to add a widget, app short cut, or change the wallpaper on any of the screens. The menu you mentioned does this. The top section shows all your screens and how they are currently laid out. The bottom screen allows you to select what you want to add to the current screen. So, if you have the Home screen selected, you can go to the bottom section of the menu, select widgets and then add a weather widget to the Home screen. Hope this answers your question. By the way, I suggest just playing withit to get the fell of it. Your tag says you are on a Droid X, this is not much different.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Thanks! I am now beyond my self imposed noob status. My thrive isn't stock looking any longer. Thanks for the tips.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1952 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Thanks! I am now beyond my self imposed noob status. My thrive isn't stock looking any longer. Thanks for the tips.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Glad you are getting settled in. Except for some things moved around, it is the same as all the rest of the Android systems. Have fun.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    Glad you are getting settled in. Except for some things moved around, it is the same as all the rest of the Android systems. Have fun.
    Cannot wait to get something like MIUI on it sort of like my phone. Hope tablets start getting customized like phones soon, and by that I mean widely and fast!

Ads