• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Watching 2.4ghz wireless cam on Thrive...

Hope this is correct area...Please move if not...I have "dug around" for a cpl of hrs now (here and Google) and can't find an acceptable answer...I purchased a Thrive for my daughter for Xmas...I also purchased her a Double Horse RC Helicopter (she loves helicopters)...I want to attach a 2.4 ghz mini cam to the chopper...

Question: Since wifi is 2.4 ghz, shouldn't I be able to view the AVI directly on the Tablet with some type of app?...This particular Heli does not have an Android App that I could find...So, since I can't "control" it from the tab, I want to view it from the Tab... I have found a few cams for <$40> and do not expect great quality, just looking for the "wow" factor of an 8 yr old with her own "Drone", or watching the family Lab "first person" chase a tennis ball...The cam I am looking at comes with a receiver/RCA for direct connect view to TV...But viewing it on the Tablet would also (in theory?) allow for DVR...

Am I completely wrong or is this possible?...I could use a USB to RCA but that would require power for the receiver, defeating the "Drone" use...

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    There is hope. There is an app that might help, but I do not know how to use it. Read it here...

Interesting Project Involving Thrive

Ads