• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Simple solution for external sdcard write access on Android 3.2...if you're rooted

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm using a 64gig Kamputer Bay SDXC class 10 Full size. Sorry about my vague details. This is really upsetting cause, i wanna flash HoneyBaked and i can't. Never had any problems with this card formatted at exFat.
    THRiVE AT100 32GB ext.64GB
    DALENET HTK55D 3.1.5.0003 00M ROOTED ROM US HC 3.2.1

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    mcarver your right i reformatted an 8 gig to Fat32 cut & paste HoneyBaked and other files now i'm flashing thanks a lot. Sorry for my lateness in replying i work the midnite shift and i get very tired quickly.
    Kyogre likes this.
    THRiVE AT100 32GB ext.64GB
    DALENET HTK55D 3.1.5.0003 00M ROOTED ROM US HC 3.2.1

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Glad to hear that you got it all sorted out.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    So I just got a 16Gb Transcend SD in the mail today. Thought it was good because I could mount it but turns out I can't write. I've been searching but can't get the thing to work.

1) Rooted DaleNet OOM 0003
    2) Android Terminal shows mnt/sdcard2 in media_rw group with d---rwxr-x permissions
    3) In /system/etc/permissions platform file the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission already had <group gid="media_rw" />
    4) Card came as Fat32. Tried formatting on my pc to exFAT but still nothing.
    5) I'm able to read files added from my pc, but can't write anything from the Thrive.

What gives??? I'm reading all these "hooray!" messages how these things fixed people's cards. What am I missing?

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Ok, so I started doing the blind "lets try THIS!...ok, lets try...THIS" approach. Now I've got it working.

Originally was Fat32, then formatted to exFAT which didn't help. Formatted as NTSF and it wouldn't even mount (kinda expected that but you get desperate). Then I decided to try formatting back to Fat32. I think originally it was Fat32 with 32 kilobyte allocation size. When I changed the dropdown to Fat32 the allocation size was at 8192 bytes. Rolled with it and could write to the card.

So then I went back and formatted to 32k allocation and now that works too. Maybe if I had formatted to fat32 on my pc in the first place it would have just worked. I don't think I did, but now I've tried so many thing I just can't even remember haha.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    So I just really like posting in this thread today. My access is sporadic at best. I'll go back and forth between Astro and ES File Manager and be able to create new directories, then suddenly in one I just won't be able to anymore. If I take the card out and put it back in I'll usually have access in one or the orther. Any time I go into Titanium Backup it always says "Cannot Write to this Folder" when in the SD directory.

While Astro was working, I created a dummy directory, then tried to copy the Titanium Backup folder from internal to the SD. It got 2 or 3 backups copied, then errored out. Not sure what to do.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Sorry you're having so much trouble scuba. Hopefully someone will be able to suggest a fix. Hang in there.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    What size SD is recommended for full backup?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tandd6 View Post
    What size SD is recommended for full backup?
    Truthfully, a 2Gb will probably suffice, but many of us recommend a card at least as big as your Thrive, be it 8, 16 or 32Gb. Others 9f us get thelargest card we can afford. I have 2,16, 32 and 64Gb cards. I now use the 32 and 64 cardsm; the 32 for CWM/Titanium Backup and the 64 for all other fikes, music, photos, and movies. I swap them once a week to do the backups, then put the 64 back in. I also have a 120Gb USB HDD for secondary backup and important files are still maintained on my laptop with network access by the Thrive.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
    Truthfully, a 2Gb will probably suffice, but many of us recommend a card at least as big as your Thrive, be it 8, 16 or 32Gb. Others 9f us get thelargest card we can afford. I have 2,16, 32 and 64Gb cards. I now use the 32 and 64 cardsm; the 32 for CWM/Titanium Backup and the 64 for all other fikes, music, photos, and movies. I swap them once a week to do the backups, then put the 64 back in. I also have a 120Gb USB HDD for secondary backup and important files are still maintained on my laptop with network access by the Thrive.
    Thanks. I have 4G now but have a 16G on the way here.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads