• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Simple solution for external sdcard write access on Android 3.2...if you're rooted

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    Great find. Just tried this and it worked great.
    iam also facing same problem i can not able to change the documents in sdcard,
    can you please tell me how i have to do ,
    rooting a tablet is necessary for doing this (if yes tell me the process of rooting ubislate 7ci)
    kindly please share the information

THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times

Simple solution for external sdcard write access on Android 3.2...if you're rooted

I see that you have found a thread that links to a method of using a script to root this device over at XDA (by your similar post). Did you follow the link to the process? It has the steps listed to root your device. This is the link to the thread at XDA that has the steps to root your device.

Here's hoping they treat you as nice in XDA. Since your tablet is not a THRiVE, please continue any further discussion in an appropriate forum or sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by raaj View Post
    iam also facing same problem i can not able to change the documents in sdcard,
    can you please tell me how i have to do ,
    rooting a tablet is necessary for doing this (if yes tell me the process of rooting ubislate 7ci)
    kindly please share the information

THANKS IN ADVANCE
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Failed attempt to change write permission causes other problems!

I too, like the others, have been frustrated by the write restriction on the external SD card, so I decided to try this mod on my TT #1 (in sig). It did not work, AND had some unintended consequences, and started a (perhaps unrelated) chain-reaction of problems. SO… rather than continue to experiment and get myself in still deeper, I thought I would see what you’all think

I used Ghost Commander to (very carefully) edit /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml, saved & rebooted. The fix did not work, so I re-edited back to the original (deleted the added line), and rebooted. Everything seemed fine until I discovered that I have lost write permission on ../mnt/sdcard (and perhaps elsewhere?). Should be a simple fix, but…

Ghost Commander is unable to CHMOD the /mnt/sdcard because it’s now write protected, and GC does not ask for write permission (or so I understand). I installed Solid Explorer (trial vers) which was on hand, but it hung attempting to get root access and I had to force stop. I tried going back to GC, but now it will not talk to SU either (why??). I uninstalled both managers, rebooted, reinstalled GC from the original .apk, but it now refuses to even go into root mode. SU accordingly, does not now list it as “Allowed” as it did previously.

So I’m now looking for some insight. First, can one of you please post the permissions you see on your TT for ../mnt/sdcard? Second, what might be the best solution for getting the internal storage reset, and what does this have to do with the file managers & Superuser?

Just to add some additional comedy, the TT will no longer talk to my XP machine in MTP (Problem with Windows XP recognizing Thrive in MTP).

TIA!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Make sure you have debug turned off on the tablet for MTP to work.

Quote Originally Posted by norcal View Post
    Just to add some additional comedy, the TT will no longer talk to my XP machine in MTP (Problem with Windows XP recognizing Thrive in MTP).

TIA!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarver2000 View Post
    Make sure you have debug turned off on the tablet for MTP to work.
    Thanks again for the reply.

It became clear that I had a significant corruption, so I took dalepl's advice and reflashed the ROM. I am now back to square one, still rooted, and so far everything is looking good.

Thanks to all!
    panda likes this.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Also, my ROMs already have the fix in them for writing to the external SDcard.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    Also, my ROMs already have the fix in them for writing to the external SDcard.
    Hmm, I wonder if the code in your fix, and the mod described in this thread in combination was responsible for the result I experienced? Others who used this mod successfully may not have been using your ROM... If so, might be nice for others to know!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    I believe that is the fix that is used in the rooted ROM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Remove Ads

Ads