• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: [WARNING] Future OTA Updates

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    @inabster

tough challenge

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
    Can someone tell me if 0003 is still 3.2.1? If it is, I think we need to make the distinction where we mention what can and can't be rooted, etc. 3.2.1-0002 can be rooted, 3.2.1-0003 cannot.
    the distinction is correct, both for the Thrive and its Euro cousin AT100...

In the case of the UK/Euro, there never was a .002 they jumped us directly to .003 (they took their time to ship the update, and .003 is synonym to closing the loopholes of rooting in the older updates)...

but one way or another, I would like a solution for the .003 OTA, even if it involves brute forcing a format of all AT100 partitions, and having root without the use of fastboot and clockworkmod...

In software, everything can be doable... , only smart nerds can deliver, and sometimes, it could be one of the dev implementers who leaks a loophole...

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bgrau2000 View Post
    the distinction is correct, both for the Thrive and its Euro cousin AT100...

In the case of the UK/Euro, there never was a .002 they jumped us directly to .003 (they took their time to ship the update, and .003 is synonym to closing the loopholes of rooting in the older updates)...

but one way or another, I would like a solution for the .003 OTA, even if it involves brute forcing a format of all AT100 partitions, and having root without the use of fastboot and clockworkmod...

In software, everything can be doable... , only smart nerds can deliver, and sometimes, it could be one of the dev implementers who leaks a loophole...
    Thanks for confirming what I thought.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Remove Ads

Ads