• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: [WARNING] Future OTA Updates

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    324 times
    I still have a Gateway 3520 I believe, xp, 2003. 768 MB ram, She still runs.
    Actually this weekend I may bite the bullet and get a new Asus N75 17incher with I7quad core 2GB,8 GB DDR3, Nvidia GT 555N GPU, 1TB HD.
    Pretty smokin machine........... I think I have the Wifey talked into it (we shall see)
    FAQ
    Guidelines of Conduct
    We "Thrive" to keep it clean, Help each other out, and have fun !
    If you enjoyed my nonsense feel free to hit the like button.
    Toshiba AT100/16 GB sporting CM10.~ I have no affiliation with any device manufacturer, developer, or application, Any contained statements by me are merely my own opinions to be taken as such ~

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    324 times
    Quote Originally Posted by moe3754 View Post
    Thank You for everything Paul you have really been the one that has helped us all the most, I have gone to the point of removing the service station from my thrive and all of the other Toshiba Garbage, I am just going to follow your lead. Was in best buy today and all of the tablets that I looked at, the fastboot was gone, the only one left with it was the HTC flyer and I checked them all. Guess Google is messing with the Dev community, cannot wait for them to start messing with the phone's too.Keep me in mind if you need a beta tester, it is the least I can do to help you out. Oh and I got you beat on the PC I have a HP Desktop that I am on right now that I purchased in 2001 it was one of the first with Vista.
    I know I am staying rooted, Keeping an eye out for ICS to be ported to this thing, along with custom themeing, Uh huh, Oh yea.
    I still have a Gateway 3520 I believe, xp, 2003. 768 MB ram, She still runs.
    Actually this weekend I may bite the bullet and get a new Asus N75 17incher with I7quad core 2GB,8 GB DDR3, Nvidia GT 555N GPU, 1TB HD.
    Pretty smokin machine........... I think I have the Wifey talked into it (we shall see)
    FAQ
    Guidelines of Conduct
    We "Thrive" to keep it clean, Help each other out, and have fun !
    If you enjoyed my nonsense feel free to hit the like button.
    Toshiba AT100/16 GB sporting CM10.~ I have no affiliation with any device manufacturer, developer, or application, Any contained statements by me are merely my own opinions to be taken as such ~

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    right.....no problem to get a 2nd thrive next year.

of coarse with dale's dual boot

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Wanted to bump this back up so all can see and heed.
    batfish likes this.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Can this get stickied?

Sent from my Thrive, using Tapatalk.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This may seem like a stupid question but I'm not as familiar wit the thrive as most of the people here.....What is rooting?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Cool Thanks a mill!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

To Root or Not To Root

First - I really want to thank those who've taken extensive amounts of time and effort to prepare and document the information about 'root' and 'rooting' a device - There were some additional pieces of information that was answered - for the newbie at least - with acronyms ...

I'm on the fence about rooting my device - I've not had a single problem so far - along with the instruction and support provided here - but there sure are a good many apps on the tablet [Thrive] that I won't be using - EVER - and I wish I could remove them. Is there no other way to remove all those stupid solitaire games and what not - other than rooting the device...? Just seems a shame.

The nerd in my wants to - but my wallet that says if I have to replace it tells me - NO - not until I become mega rich ... and that ain't happenin' ...

Again - thank you so very much for your educating post on rooting and the pros and cons ...

-- Jae

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    What ROM load are you on? If you want a way to remove, you could load mu modded ROM. I have moved the apps so they can be uninstalled, but the ROM itself is not rooted. Loading a ROM or rooting is quite safe, so no need to worry you will mess your device up. Just take your time and read the instructions.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads