• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

1080p/720p Flash Playback-Smooth or Stuttery slideshow??

I'm still deciding whether to sell my HP Touchpad for the Thrive. My biggest concern since I'm a BIG movie/video watcher of Flash content on sites like Crackle, Veetle, Youtube etc where I like to watch 720 HD content or 1080p sometimes. Can a thrive owner let me know if those HD flash content plays without any problem or does it stutter like on other Android tablets? Does it turn into a slideshow over time?

My Touchpad plays them without any problems, so I really need to know if it will be worth going for the thrive since I always watch flash content.

Thanks girls and guys!

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    405 times
    I've found that I really liked the HP Touchpad for work tasks but concluded it's a fairly pointless device (at the moment, has much potential though) when compared to most other offerings for everything else. The Touchpad is only about 200Mhz faster frequency wise. Having owned a XOOM with essentially the same CPU/GPU specs as the Thrive I can attest to these working through the web browser (as long as the user agent is set to Desktop rather than Android). The Crackle and YouTube app are also available. However, I have no experience with Veetle. If that's not enough then your best bet may be to find a retail display that you can actually try it out for yourself on.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    thanks, but would like an actual owner to comment. I hope to see a demo model at BB tomorrow. I had an Acer iconia, Asus 10.1' tablet etc and HD flash was laggy, so not impressive at all. Someone told me when he tested veetle.com movies and 1080p videos, they were "smooth". I wanted to get more opinions because if this tablet is lag city too, then I will be skipping it

Ads