• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Reasons you purchased the Thrive?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Twitter
    thriveforums

Reasons you purchased the Thrive?

For those that have purchased the Thrive, what was your main reasons for buying the Thrive over the other honeycomb tablets?

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    I like the size, construction, the screen resolution and size, the dual cameras, price and most of all the Thrive was the first non-apple computing device in my house. I am freeing myself one device at a time from the grip of apple.
    drum747 likes this.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Usb,hdmi,SD slot,removable battery

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Ports and removable battery! The name "Toshiba" helps some as well.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    The fact that it's not missing anything (except maybe LED Flash for the 5 MP camera) and it's pretty much a Google Experience device. The expand-ability is so very important (full-size SD card up to 128 GB, ports). All of that made it stand out, but the SRS and screen mods Toshiba did make it stand out that much more. I just hope I haven't built it up too much in my mind. Can't wait till we're all sharing the ins and outs with each other soon!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    The Toshiba name, The removable battery, the full size ports, Full size SD Card and the "non slip" texture on the back of the device

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    The full size ports, removable/replaceable batteries, manufactured by Toshiba, grip finish, Android 3 honeycomb, lots of accesories, SD card port, tegra 2 processor, video/audio processor.... GO THRIVE!
    gadget fanatic, and a thriveforums super mod.

Have a problem THRiVE Related? Check out the ThriveForums Official THRiVE FAQ's

Afraid of getting in trouble? New Member? Read OUR GUIDELINES

my_devices: Android: Toshiba Thrive (not rooted, stock 3.2), Kindle Fire (not rooted, stock), Sony S1 (not rooted, stock), SE Xperia PLAY (not rooted, Android 2.3 w/ QQLauncher Pro) iOS/Other: 2goPad Windows OS Tablet, Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 1, iPod touch 1G/4G

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just a quick thought. I pre-ordered my Thrive from Amazon on 6/16 and have been very excited to see it come (no word yet). Yesterday, I stopped into my local Best Buy to use a gift card to get a Thrive accessory (screen protector). While I was there, the sales guy gave me a demo of the Transformer and its keyboard accessory. I have to say that it was pretty compelling stuff. The keyboard is very well thought out with Android specific keys, has a full sized SD slot and two USB ports. This is not to mention the extra 8 or so hours you get from the keyboard's battery.

At this point, I am still planning on the Thrive, but I am really impressed by what I would get for about $80 extra dollars with the Asus. Given that, what I get with the Thrive would be a replaceable battery and colored covers (nice option, but not necessarily a game-changer). I need help making sure this is the right decision. I need the good knowledgeable folks here to remind me why the Thrive is the one to buy...

Thanks so much!

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Snow,

with the Thrive, you get all those ports, without having to lug around the dock. I have a Blue Tooth Toshiba keyboard on order now, which is an android-specific keyboard, with all the android specific keys. I've heard the Transformer feels kinda cheap. Also, if your tablet will last you all day on a charge, do you really need the extra dock / battery? I guess you also have the option, with the Thrive, of taking an extra battery, which is certainly smaller than the Asus dock/keyboard. It's probably not a bad tablet, but I'd much rather have the Thrive, with all the ports available, whenever I want/need them.
    kerrhome likes this.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snowlock View Post
    Just a quick thought. I pre-ordered my Thrive from Amazon on 6/16 and have been very excited to see it come (no word yet). Yesterday, I stopped into my local Best Buy to use a gift card to get a Thrive accessory (screen protector). While I was there, the sales guy gave me a demo of the Transformer and its keyboard accessory. I have to say that it was pretty compelling stuff. The keyboard is very well thought out with Android specific keys, has a full sized SD slot and two USB ports. This is not to mention the extra 8 or so hours you get from the keyboard's battery.

At this point, I am still planning on the Thrive, but I am really impressed by what I would get for about $80 extra dollars with the Asus. Given that, what I get with the Thrive would be a replaceable battery and colored covers (nice option, but not necessarily a game-changer). I need help making sure this is the right decision. I need the good knowledgeable folks here to remind me why the Thrive is the one to buy...

Thanks so much!
    You asked at the right place:
    Here are just a FEW reasons:
    1) Thrive's Audio/Video Processor makes it amazingly high quality, both audio and sound.
    2) Toshiba's Resolution+ technology makes the visual effect more and more perfect.
    3) With an SD slot, HDMI port, MINI HDMI port, USB 2.0 port, and much more full sized ports, the Thrive has more ports than a standard PC.
    4) Toshiba's Customer Service is #1 out there.
    5) Replaceable battery
    6) Custom finish
    7) COLORS!

Asus Transformer was a little tempting until I found the thrive; GO THRIVE!
    Barry and Hookmeup like this.
    gadget fanatic, and a thriveforums super mod.

Have a problem THRiVE Related? Check out the ThriveForums Official THRiVE FAQ's

Afraid of getting in trouble? New Member? Read OUR GUIDELINES

my_devices: Android: Toshiba Thrive (not rooted, stock 3.2), Kindle Fire (not rooted, stock), Sony S1 (not rooted, stock), SE Xperia PLAY (not rooted, Android 2.3 w/ QQLauncher Pro) iOS/Other: 2goPad Windows OS Tablet, Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 1, iPod touch 1G/4G

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads