• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

USB and Bluetooth Accessories & Keyboard

So far my Thrive has accepted about anything I've connected to it. I've tried my USB mouse, USB keyboard, wireless Logitech mouse with dongle, multiple usb sticks and two usb hard drives.

I got to thinking, I have an old folding keyboard from my Windows Mobile 5 days. So I gave it a try, the think actually worked on the Thrive. Sure makes me want the new Logitech Android Tablet keyboard now.

Here a couple picts of the old StowAway Portable Keyboard, folded and expanded. I was rather surprised it worked, of course the Windows button and other commands dont do anything!

IMAG0319 (Medium).jpgIMAG0323a (Medium).jpg

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Thanks for the info. When we get 3.2 or 4.0, there will even be more support added.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, thinking of buying the Aussie version of the Thrive 10" (called the Tablet or Tablet AT100-001 etc here.. very creative) I need Bluetooth serial for connecting to external serial devices (via BT-RS232 converter) The specs don't specifically say that it's an available BT profile. Can anybody confirm? I've read of USB-RS232 on rooted devices but I wouldn't be going that path during the warranty period (if at all) While I'm here, specs say USB host is only for mass storage devices. Has that been upgraded? (without root) USB Keyboard would be handy (USB DVB-T would be even handier :-) Thanks!

Remove Ads

Ads