• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

How did the AT100 ever work back in the day?

I bought this thrive back in 2014 and never really used it but thought I'd give it a go now. It is just a piece of useless metal. So damn slow. I hard reset it so it has nothing yet on it but still too slow. Try to run Youtube on it but no way won't work. Tried putting whatsapp on it..it keeps freezing and I have to close the app. Thought I'd put some simple games on it for kids and just give it away but all games just start then stop. So, I can't even give it away. How did you guys use it in the past? I think it is the worst tab money can buy.
    Since I can't even give it away, I am going to try playing around with it like maybe rooting it or installing a new ROM on it but still need a lot of figuring out to do.

2. Ads

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    It worked fine back in the day, but now it is old technology...I have forgotten what Operating System it last received. 2014 would have been a better time to use it.
    Ahhh...I have joined the ROOTED side of the Force...

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Lol I still have mine. To be honest I use it as a digital picture frame. I have the dock and use it for that at work.

I think it's more the apps nowadays are made for newer devices, that and we had a lot more patience for a slower operating system.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Rooting and tweaking the kernel might be best now. I use setcpu to bump the processor and seeder to help out with the kernel randomizer.

I can't get YouTube app to work at all. I just use it as a digital picture frame.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Hi haythamghareeb, welcome. The Thrive's pretty long in the tooth now, and not a lot of us so much as lurk around these forums. Most apps now require more speed, more robust processors, and later versions of Android than the Thrive can offer. The YouTube app now requires at least Android 4.1, and it's just a matter of time before it requires an even later Android API.

I use ours as an always-on weather info station and light web browsing, but that's about it. I can view YouTube using Dolphin Browser, but over the years it requires so much more hardware that on the Thrive it's pretty slow.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Remove Ads

Ads