• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Streaming Apps

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Streaming Apps

I've tried several ROMS (currently PAC 4.2), and they all have the same issue. Streaming apps, such as Dish Anywhere, think you're not online. The news stories update, but when you attempt to log in, you get a message saying you're not connected to the internet. When I go directly to WatchTVeverywhere.com to log in, it says "Couldn't establish a connection" so maybe that's the issue? Or is this just a custom ROM issue? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    447 times
    It's really hard to say. One would think that an app's connectivity wouldn't depend on Android being newer, but several years later, it seems to be the best explanation.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    It's really hard to say. One would think that an app's connectivity wouldn't depend on Android being newer, but several years later, it seems to be the best explanation.
    Yeah, I guess I just don't know enough as to where to start troubleshooting.

Remove Ads

Ads