• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SHADO

Thread: No battery

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

No battery

If you remove the battery from a Thrive will it run with the charger plugged in? I know you shouldn't leave it plugged in once the battery is fully charge?
    Thanks
    Joe

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I recall seeing a video once where someone did run their thrive without a battery. It ran perfectly fine. I have never done it however.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have an issue that came up out of the blue. My Thrive sits on my kitchen counter with some computer speakers attached just for background music, pandora etc. My wife unplugged it when she needed the outlet and didn't plug it back in so the battery drained. Now, it will not charge up. It turns on, the orange light is on that shows its charging but it never gets higher than 0%. I have tried it with the charger plugged into the dock, the charger plugged directly into it, and even tried a spare charger that I have for it and get the same results every time. I would sure appreciate ant thoughts or suggestions. I really hope I can get this back up and charged. My Thrive is my favorite device of all time.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
    Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carguydc View Post
    I have an issue that came up out of the blue. My Thrive sits on my kitchen counter with some computer speakers attached just for background music, pandora etc. My wife unplugged it when she needed the outlet and didn't plug it back in so the battery drained. Now, it will not charge up. It turns on, the orange light is on that shows its charging but it never gets higher than 0%. I have tried it with the charger plugged into the dock, the charger plugged directly into it, and even tried a spare charger that I have for it and get the same results every time. I would sure appreciate ant thoughts or suggestions. I really hope I can get this back up and charged. My Thrive is my favorite device of all time.
    How old is the battery?
    JiveTurkee likes this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry I took so long to respond, first time back in a few weeks, yes you can run without a battery

Remove Ads

Ads