• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times

secure connection can not be established

Recently the following problem developed. I can access HTTP://fool.CA (a finance page in Canada) when I try to log in, I get the message A secure connection cannot be established. I can use my PC with no problem and I can use Chrome on this tablet without a problem logging in. What setting in the Toshiba browser might be causing this issue?

Any ideas?
    Running a stock 16 GB Thrive with ICS and a 32 GB Thrive with ICS. Haven't found courage to hack one or the other.
    I also have (my wife thinks its hers) an Excite 7.7 with ICS @16 gigs and a 32 gig micro sandisk SD card

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by epags View Post
    Recently the following problem developed. I can access HTTP://fool.CA (a finance page in Canada) when I try to log in, I get the message A secure connection cannot be established. I can use my PC with no problem and I can use Chrome on this tablet without a problem logging in. What setting in the Toshiba browser might be causing this issue?

Any ideas?
    Most likely it's the sheer age of the browser, it's waaaaaaay behind in security, and honestly, I wouldn't suggest using it for anything where security matters. Chrome can be used fine as it's current on security patches, as will most any other browser that's been updated lately. The site is taking the browser's lack of security updates into account and denying the connection, as it should being a financial site.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times

Talking Great explanation

Quote Originally Posted by pio_masaki View Post
    Most likely it's the sheer age of the browser, it's waaaaaaay behind in security, and honestly, I wouldn't suggest using it for anything where security matters. Chrome can be used fine as it's current on security patches, as will most any other browser that's been updated lately. The site is taking the browser's lack of security updates into account and denying the connection, as it should being a financial site.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Thanks. That would explain why all my old shortcuts work since they are for generic websites. Now I can stop fiddling with settings and spend more time fiddling with fake news.
    Running a stock 16 GB Thrive with ICS and a 32 GB Thrive with ICS. Haven't found courage to hack one or the other.
    I also have (my wife thinks its hers) an Excite 7.7 with ICS @16 gigs and a 32 gig micro sandisk SD card

Remove Ads

Ads