• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Hel Needed - Stuck on Splash Screen - Won't Reset to Factory Settings

I love my old trusty Toshiba Thrive and since this forum still exists, I'm assuming I'm not the only one. I have a problem I can't resolve, however, and I can't use the tablet at all. It won't boot past the splash screen. This happened once before and I used volume up with the power button to do a factory reset, however, this time it won't reset. I tried flashing it with AT100_NVFlash_HTK55D.31.5.0003 which I found in an old post here, but even though I had installed the drivers as instructed and pressed the tiny pinhole as instructed, it would not flash. I don't remember the error message, but if it's important to know, I'll try it again and note the message. I have tried all the easier answers - taking both batteries out for 10 minutes. Trying the power button with no battery and repeating with the batteries. Nothing I do brings it back to life. This just happened out of the clear blue sky. It wasn't dropped or mishandled in any way. I used it for work and have been trying using a different newer "nicer" tablet, but I much prefer the Toshiba and would appreciate any suggestions to try to bring it back to life. I miss my Thrive and I'm at a loss as to what to try next.

Thanks!
    Haven

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibenjam View Post
    I love my old trusty Toshiba Thrive and since this forum still exists, I'm assuming I'm not the only one. I have a problem I can't resolve, however, and I can't use the tablet at all. It won't boot past the splash screen. This happened once before and I used volume up with the power button to do a factory reset, however, this time it won't reset. I tried flashing it with AT100_NVFlash_HTK55D.31.5.0003 which I found in an old post here, but even though I had installed the drivers as instructed and pressed the tiny pinhole as instructed, it would not flash. I don't remember the error message, but if it's important to know, I'll try it again and note the message. I have tried all the easier answers - taking both batteries out for 10 minutes. Trying the power button with no battery and repeating with the batteries. Nothing I do brings it back to life. This just happened out of the clear blue sky. It wasn't dropped or mishandled in any way. I used it for work and have been trying using a different newer "nicer" tablet, but I much prefer the Toshiba and would appreciate any suggestions to try to bring it back to life. I miss my Thrive and I'm at a loss as to what to try next.

Thanks!
    Haven
    I'll need the message from when you try to nvflash it back.

It's come to my attention that at some point the files were released, but they seem to be faulty or corrupted in some way, so be careful what you use to flash your thrive. I still have the verified working files so if needed I'll supply them.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Remove Ads

Ads