• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: A word of encouragement for Thrive users

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Twitter
    SteveJax
    Sadly the few apps I paid for originally on the Thrive have all been updated so much they will no longer install on my recently reset Thrive. Not that any of them were so important I can't live without them but they were familiar and I do have them still running on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ and TabE.... The Thrive is basically now just my alarm and weather clock by my bed on it's stand. Also just got a new battery for it when I reset it so it's got a long life still ahead of it.
    Tablet: Toshiba Thrive AT100 10.1 32gb
    ROM: DaleNet Deodexed ICS ROM
    Firmware: 4.0.4
    Kernel: 2.6.39.4-g2388484 android-toshiba@tesibuild7 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 23 11:22:12 IST 2012
    Build Number: IMM76D.01.00072314

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    I've experienced the same. It's a shame they were updated to require higher versions of Android, without older versions staying available, but then again, the Thrive has pretty amazing longevity for being 9 years old. It's my alarm clock, weather station, and light web browser.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads